Windows 10: Updates for OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens

Discus and support Updates for OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The OneNote team continues to listen to teachers to learn about how we can help them be more productive with our software. Today, we are announcing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Updates for OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens

Source: https://blogs.office.com/2017/01/18/...plus-stickers/

:)

Brink, Jan 17, 2017

2. Office Lens Update for Windows phone

Hi all,

I have been using Office Lens for the past few months and really enjoy using this product in an educational setting. Our school makes use of Office 365 and I am using OneNote Class Notebook on a daily basis. I use my Windows phone and Office Lens to post
    our whiteboard discussion notes to OneNote. Unfortunately this is a two step process, as I can only upload Lens images to OneNote Personal. I must then copy the scans to the Notebook (O365).

I have noted that iOS Office Lens received an update for O365 integration. Will this upgrade also me made for Windows phones shortly? Seems odd that iOS would receive this update prior to Windows phone.

Or does anyone now how I can send Lens images directly to OneNote in O365 directly? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Dominic

dsmithduncan, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Office Lens for Windows Mobile Does Not Observe OneNote Notebook Section that is Selected as "Set as Default" for Unfiled Notes.

I just downloaded the updated the 08/19/2014 update to Office Lens, version 01.01.3205.01, and was pleasantly surprised to see that you can select a section in a OneNote Notebook to store your images.

However, you cannot select a Notebook that resides in OneDrive for
    Business, only in the OneDrive consumer cloud.

Thanks for the update, but I store my Notebooks in OneDrive for Business, so I'd love to see Office Lens updated to allow their selection as well.

Again, if Microsoft sees this, please know that I consider this a bug, not a feature request, so please don't tell me to post it to uservoice. Please pass it on to the Office Mobile support team and see if they agree that it's a bug in Office Lens.

Thanks again for listening.

Jay.

Jay F (Outlook.com Community), Jan 17, 2017
  4. magilla Win User

magilla, Jan 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Updates for OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens - Similar Threads - Updates OneNote Class

2. Office Lens Bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office Lens Bug: I would like to report a Very mean bug that is present in office lens android version Whenever I try to click a photo, it doesn't get saved and the app hangs, I've tried to clear the cache, reinstall but it just won't go. Please help me, I am using office lens on android...
  3. Class Notebook syncing problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Class Notebook syncing problems: Through remote learning I am using Class Notebook to roll out assignments for students. I have two problems. When trying to set a picture/page as background, that option will not show up, even when page is ready for this action. Also Friday afternoon I distributed my...
  4. Remove a OneNote notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  5. Microsoft Announces 30 Updates for OneNote and Class Notebooks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Announces 30 Updates for OneNote and Class Notebooks: As the school year comes to a close in many parts of the world and districts begin planning professional development, we’re excited to announce a wave of OneNote and Class Notebook improvements based on all of the feedback that we’ve been hearing as we work with amazing...
  6. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  7. Office Lens will not install

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Lens will not install: The installation of Office Lens is stuck every time at 20.60 KB. I am trying to re-install it because it won't launch ---- right at the start it reported 'something is wrong' and falsely claimed the camera was in use by another app. I tried with both cameras & I have...
  8. Updates for OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools: As back-to-school season approaches, Microsoft is introducing several updates to OneNote, Class Notebook and Desktop Learning Tools to integrate with even more school systems.OneNote now supports the embedding of videos from Flipgrid, a video discussion community for the...
  9. Learning Tools for OneNote improves learning for all

in Windows 10 News
    Learning Tools for OneNote improves learning for all: “Students spend so much energy decoding that they can’t focus on content. This tool will help making learning more efficient.” —Joel Reese, educator at Sammamish High School “If my imagination designed technology, this would be in my wildest dream.” —Haley Heck, educator...
  10. Learning Tools for Word Online and OneNote Online now available

in Windows 10 News
    Learning Tools for Word Online and OneNote Online now available: We are pleased to share that Learning Tools are now available in new languages to all customers with Office 365 or a personal OneDrive account. Previously, we announced that we would deliver Learning Tools to Word Online and OneNote Online, so users on any device can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. class notebook tools dont work