Windows 10: Updates for the Microsoft Surface Pro 5

Discus and support Updates for the Microsoft Surface Pro 5 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried to update what is needed in order to get Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to work again. However, it just brings me to security and I clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dakota Cobb, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Updates for the Microsoft Surface Pro 5

I have tried to update what is needed in order to get Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to work again. However, it just brings me to security and I clicked on the things that are needed to get my Surface Pro secured. When doing this I check for updates in security and it does nothing, but load. Help? It is found under Virus and Threat Protection Updates.

:)

Dakota Cobb, Apr 20, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for the Microsoft Surface Pro 5

Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced - June 28 Surface

Source: Updates for Surface Studio and Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (28 June 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Updates for the Microsoft Surface Pro 5

1. Updates for the Microsoft Surface Pro 5 - Similar Threads - Updates Microsoft Surface

2. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface 5 pro will not boot: Surface pro 5 will not boot up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-5-pro-will-not-boot/7887d0f7-82ca-47d7-840b-457528a033f2
  3. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 5 pro will not boot: Surface pro 5 will not boot up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-5-pro-will-not-boot/7887d0f7-82ca-47d7-840b-457528a033f2
  4. Surface 5 pro will not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  6. Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 5: Doing the windows 11 update via USB it states that processor is not compatible. The computer is only 3 years old, not sure I would buy another if it is out of date that quick!Its not like it is a ASUS or Dell laptop, it is a Microsoft product. Why haven't you continued...
  7. microsoft surface pro 5 and 6 are incompatable with Apple AirPods Pro

microsoft surface pro 5 and 6 are incompatable with Apple AirPods Pro: THIS IS A WARNING NOT A QUESTION. I have tried to fix this **** for months. Nothing works and it never will. ! ! ! W A R N I N G ! ! ! DO NOT BUY AIRPODS PRO IF YOU WANT TO USE THEM ON A SURFACE PRO computer. Every two nights I have to uninstall the Marvell...
  8. Microsoft surface pro 5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft surface pro 5: Sorry this is a long one but please help! My first surface failed so my insurance gave me another one which im sure is a refurb. From first using it, i often had issues with turning it on. It seemed as though the power button just wouldnt respond and i'd have to hit it a...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Bluetooth No Longer Working

Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Bluetooth No Longer Working: Since installing a system update yesterday, my Surface Pro 5 has been encountering errors with the Bluetooth driver. There is no longer a space to turn Bluetooth on/off in my action center, and no switch in the Bluetooth & other devices section of my settings. Beneath all of...
  10. Surface Pro 5

Surface Pro 5: Hi everyone! My Surface is stuck in an "infinite boot loop" I have done everything to try and fix it. I already tried to use the Recovery Media Tool on a USB, however, no drives come up when I try to reinstall windows. So, I then tried to manually create a partition drive in...