Windows 10: "Updates" have been going for 24 hours now and I cannot use my PC - what is going on?

Discus and support "Updates" have been going for 24 hours now and I cannot use my PC - what is going on? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To start - this is a Windows 10 PC. Yesterday morning when I started my PC it immediately went into update mode and I just get the three screens that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TFTO, Sep 14, 2018.

1. TFTO Win User

"Updates" have been going for 24 hours now and I cannot use my PC - what is going on?

To start - this is a Windows 10 PC.

Yesterday morning when I started my PC it immediately went into update mode and I just get the three screens that say:

"Hi"

"We've got some updates for your PC"

"This might take several minutes - Don't turn off your PC"

This has been going on now for 24 hours! That is not "several minutes". That is several hours. I don't even know what these "updates" are since it is just these three screens and I cannot get to anything else. This seems ridiculous to lock someone out of their PC for a full day and more. I have work to do.

Anyone know what this is about?

:)

2. Windows 10. 12 to 24 hours

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To change the time format from 12 hour to 24 hour in Windows 10.

Follow the steps:

• Navigate to Control panel.
    • In the category view of the control panel, click on the
      ‘Change date, time, or number formats’.
    • Change the short time to HH:mm from the drop down.
    • Press Apply to make the changes.
    • Now your time format will change to 24 hour format.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 17, 2018
  3. IndranilS Win User
    Latest windows upgrade going on for 24+ hours

Thanks for your reply Robear.

1. The laptop's previous OS was Win7 and I did a free upgrade to Win10 when offered by MS.

2. McAfee or Norton softwares have never been installed.

3. Neither of those came preinstalled in the laptop.

4. No, I have not installed or used any of those tools in my laptop before.

5. The upgrade is still going on (24+ hours now) so I cannot check the Win10 build.

IndranilS, Sep 17, 2018
  4. YOU
    You Win User

"Updates" have been going for 24 hours now and I cannot use my PC - what is going on?

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • "Updates" have been going for 24 hours now and I cannot use my PC - what is going on? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• "Updates" have been going for 24 hours now and I cannot use my PC - what is going on? [​IMG]
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

1. "Updates" have been going for 24 hours now and I cannot use my PC - what is going on? - Similar Threads - Updates been going

2. I have been going around for hours now and I am afrade I CAN NOT LOGIN WITH THIS BULLS**...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been going around for hours now and I am afrade I CAN NOT LOGIN WITH THIS BULLS**...: I have been going around for hours now and I am afraid I CAN NOT LOGIN WITH THIS BULLS** SECURITY ****! Only the smart people can use a PC now? I guess HANDY CAP PEOPLE ARE NOT SMART TO USE PC's THESE DAYS!!!...
  3. I have been going around for hours now and I am afrade I CAN NOT LOGIN WITH THIS BULLS**...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been going around for hours now and I am afrade I CAN NOT LOGIN WITH THIS BULLS**...: I have been going around for hours now and I am afraid I CAN NOT LOGIN WITH THIS BULLS** SECURITY ****! Only the smart people can use a PC now? I guess HANDY CAP PEOPLE ARE NOT SMART TO USE PC's THESE DAYS!!!...
  4. I have been going around for hours now and I am afrade I CAN NOT LOGIN WITH THIS BULLS**...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been going around for hours now and I am afrade I CAN NOT LOGIN WITH THIS BULLS**...: I have been going around for hours now and I am afraid I CAN NOT LOGIN WITH THIS BULLS** SECURITY ****! Only the smart people can use a PC now? I guess HANDY CAP PEOPLE MATTER THESE DAYS!!!...
  5. Help, it's been going for hours. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, it's been going for hours. How do I fix this?: https://reddit.com/link/uvzwod/video/87bunsmh68191/player submitted by /u/OutlandishnessOk4312 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvzwod/help_its_been_going_for_hours_how_do_i_fix_this/
  6. This has been going on for about 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This has been going on for about 2 hours.: It's stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. And what is this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-has-been-going-on-for-about-2-hours/4c76a954-4030-42c3-8ff5-546b08af52aa
  7. This has been going on for 9 hours now any fixes?

This has been going on for 9 hours now any fixes?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IIAEROII [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9l6xt/this_has_been_going_on_for_9_hours_now_any_fixes/
  8. Screen has been stuck on this for yhe past hour. I have no idea what's going on. If any if...

Screen has been stuck on this for yhe past hour. I have no idea what's going on. If any if...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lord_z9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnw6nr/screen_has_been_stuck_on_this_for_yhe_past_hour_i/
  9. System Restore has been going for hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore has been going for hours.: I wanted to make space on the C: drive of my new laptop Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.6 using a micro SD card as permanent storage. The laptop has a built in card reader specifically for expanding storage, so I installed a brand new 1tb card and formatted it the way my limited...
  10. What's going on with my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's going on with my PC?: Salutations, Ya'll might of noticed that I'm new here, so I apologize in advance if this is an inappropriate place to post my question. Anyways, three days ago my computer had been acting erratic. Programs, that I would normally have no problem running, would crash, hang,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc has been updating for 24 hours