Windows 10: Updates in Google Maps and Search to help during times of crisis

Discus and support Updates in Google Maps and Search to help during times of crisis in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; SOS alerts help you quickly access authoritative, real-time information during times of crisis. Today, we’re improving SOS alerts by adding visual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Updates in Google Maps and Search to help during times of crisis

Source: Updates in Maps and Search to help during times of crisis

:)

Brink, Jun 6, 2019
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 6, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Google Updates its Search Engine

Google unveiled today a new Google.com search engine dubbed Universal Search. It might look like the old Google and nothing has changed, but new features have been added. Now Google search bar will include books, images, maps, news, videos, and web sites, and when you press "Google search" it will find all this in one result. In addition to Universal Search you will find an updated homepage design and several new navigation tabs that appear above the search results. Enough talking, just visit Google today and you'll see.

Source: Google blog

malware, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Updates in Google Maps and Search to help during times of crisis

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Updates in Google Maps and Search to help during times of crisis

1. Updates in Google Maps and Search to help during times of crisis - Similar Threads - Updates Google Maps

2. 404 Error During Google Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    404 Error During Google Search: Maybe someone knows to the answer to this question:I did a Google Search on a medical-related topic Does Eye Pressure Increase With Age and the first result was a 404 Error page which I did not know until the link was opened..I know 'what' the 404 code 'is' but why doesn't...
  3. 404 Error During Google Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    404 Error During Google Search: Maybe someone knows to the answer to this question:I did a Google Search on a medical-related topic Does Eye Pressure Increase With Age and the first result was a 404 Error page which I did not know until the link was opened..I know 'what' the 404 code 'is' but why doesn't...
  4. Offline Google Maps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline Google Maps: On re-installation of Win 10, offered offline maps; having downloaded four, says they are in C: drive, but cannot locate them there or how to open/refer to them? Thanks, Mike...
  5. search defaulting to Google maps

in Cortana
    search defaulting to Google maps: If I type anything on the search bar, it seems to add - 'Google maps search' to the end of everything. For instance if I type:- abc the underlying suggestion shows abc - Google Maps Search and dumps me into Google Maps. If anyone has any suggestion on how to get...
  6. google satilite maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    google satilite maps: Why can't I zoom in or pinch the images on google maps anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-satilite-maps/c09dc4cb-f025-4d14-a571-12e6977998b9
  7. Google Maps on PC

Google Maps on PC: Everytime I do a google search for a business/resturants in my chrome browser and I open them in google maps the site shows the content for a short period and then the content goes blank... What's the solution? Carol...
  8. Google Maps versus Google Earth

Google Maps versus Google Earth: I looked in street view in a rather newly developed area. To my surprise buildings were shown in Google Maps and only a flat surface area (no buildings) was shown in Google Earth. Apparently both apps donot use the same database. 106602
  9. Google Maps

Google Maps: Trying to use google maps and map details are 'blacking out' - the screen is still on as are some buttons but the map vanishes. Is this happening to anyone else. 15576
  10. Maps App will not delete or open Google maps

Maps App will not delete or open Google maps: I do not want to use windows/microsoft Maps I have been using Google Maps and have found I can crte an Icon & Tile that will pin to start but want to remove the Maps Tile or make it do the job. So far I have failed to remove it or get it to open Google maps. I cannot get...