Windows 10: Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are...

Discus and support Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are they OK? I have never seen them before and they are now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SueBackholer, Sep 7, 2018.

1. SueBackholer Win User

Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are...

Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are they OK? I have never seen them before and they are now coming up under normal Windows Update automatically and keep reappearing - is this genuine or some form of virus, etc.?

:)

SueBackholer, Sep 7, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are... pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are...

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Updates in Windows 10 with name Benjamin Hoflinger-Stelzer in title - what are they and are... - Similar Threads - Updates name Benjamin

2. What is your Granfathers middle name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is your Granfathers middle name: Clifford https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-your-granfathers-middle-name/106b2809-ebf7-4885-9678-b6d677ac4c94
  3. What determines what will be the computers name at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What determines what will be the computers name at startup?: I'm kinda curious, what decides what name the computer will get (WIN-xxxxx), and I woule like to know if its just a random string, or there is a method behind it?...
  4. What is my dog's name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is my dog's name: When I turn my computer on I get a blue screen that says my computer must be restarted with critical error Critical service failed. And then it goes to the Dell computer screen and it says diagnosing your PC. And it stays at that screen forever. If I turn off the computer...
  5. Rounded Title Borders on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rounded Title Borders on Windows 10?: Hello, I've noticed that certain applications on my Windows 10 computer running in the background have a rounded border similar to Windows 7's. Recently I've installed a Video Game on my computer that has these rounded borders, yet no other applications with the exception of...
  6. What is the Default TAP-Windows Adapter name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the Default TAP-Windows Adapter name: What is the default name (in Network Connections Window) for the "TAP-Windows Adapter v9" adapter? Mine is named "Ethernet". Wondering if that was changed from the Windows default. 113736
  7. Why is the window name on the title bar blacked out?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the window name on the title bar blacked out?: The text on the titlebar suddenly started being blacked out There is a screenshot here: ​http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psq825itwa.png [img] Does anyone know a way of fixing that? - Jonatan Søgaard 75066
  8. What are all these files with ".1" in their names?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are all these files with ".1" in their names?: Hello I have started to see lots of extra files with ".1" added to the end of the file name just before the extension. e.g. in addition to finance.xlsx, I now also have finance.1.xlsx e.g. In addtion to letter_to_acme.doc , I now also have letter_to_acme.1.doc...
  9. What is this icon on my title bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this icon on my title bar?: This icon (identified by the red arrow below) appears on the title bar of my windows and it covers the minimize icon. It seems to provide some additional functionality, but I find it annoying. Any idea where this come from? If I knew what software it was, I expect I will be...
  10. What is the file named "there" that seems to replace my Name?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the file named "there" that seems to replace my Name?: I have noticed Windows 10 has a path: This PC > Local Disk (C*Smile > Users > there In Windows 7 "there" was my first name. They have even added a path like this in my Documents folder that I have in an external back up hard drive. 1. What is "there" supposed to...