Windows 10: updates is hung up. It will not update

Discus and support updates is hung up. It will not update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think I accidentally clicked to download windows 11 after realizing this I think I closed the process thru task manager but I dont remember. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bluesky1964, Feb 2, 2024.

1. updates is hung up. It will not update

I think I accidentally clicked to download windows 11 after realizing this I think I closed the process thru task manager but I dont remember. I have ran the ms trouble shooter twice and it says that it could not find the problem. When I try to update in security/updates it shows: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643. I DO NOT want to go to windows 11 for sure. How can I fix this? my info: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎9/‎25/

:)

bluesky1964, Feb 2, 2024
Thema:

updates is hung up. It will not update

1. updates is hung up. It will not update - Similar Threads - updates hung update

2. updates is hung up. It will not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updates is hung up. It will not update: I think I accidentally clicked to download windows 11 after realizing this I think I closed the process thru task manager but I dont remember. I have ran the ms trouble shooter twice and it says that it could not find the problem. When I try to update in security/updates it...
  3. updates is hung up. It will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates is hung up. It will not update: I think I accidentally clicked to download windows 11 after realizing this I think I closed the process thru task manager but I dont remember. I have ran the ms trouble shooter twice and it says that it could not find the problem. When I try to update in security/updates it...
  4. Hung Update Windows 10

Hung Update Windows 10: After more then 16 hours my computer is stuck in update mode. Trying to boot into safe mode to abort the update seem to fail. At this point the computer is useless.What steps do I need to do to end this madness and get my system back?It's at 38% and rebooting always hangs me...
  5. Hung Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hung Update Windows 10: After more then 16 hours my computer is stuck in update mode. Trying to boot into safe mode to abort the update seem to fail. At this point the computer is useless.What steps do I need to do to end this madness and get my system back?It's at 38% and rebooting always hangs me...
  6. Hung Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 update 2004 Hung up

Windows 10 update 2004 Hung up: I downloaded update 2004 on one of my computers. It went through all the steps, I think, but it got hung up at the screen with the windows 10 icon on a black screen. Please let me know how to get this un-hung ASAP. I am an Assure customer. John Ketterl...
  8. windows 10 update hung up at 90% for many hours

windows 10 update hung up at 90% for many hours: My windows 10 update to a new supported version hung up at 90% for many hours. I finally killed the update with a hard reboot. What would you recommend?...
  9. Windows Update hung on Checking for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update hung on Checking for updates: Already restarted PC, stopped service and started it again, and used a different LAN port, and ran troubleshooter...I need help. Edit: ok now its working again as it should. I ran sfc /scannow while it was wonky and came out clean. I had trouble using/getting to Microsoft...
  10. Upgrade hung on "Checking for Updates

Upgrade hung on "Checking for Updates: 3 year old Asus Desktop, Windows 8.1 installed. My customer did a refresh and obviously lost all programs and Apps. Data OK. Suggested upgrading to 10 while I had it? OKed From the Media Creation Toll site, tried both Upgrading this PC and using a created USB with same...