Windows 10: Updates keep failing and rolling back.

Discus and support Updates keep failing and rolling back. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows keeps trying to update and when it restarts to finish it fails and reverses it. Im not sure which update is causing this.. 59923 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hatemf23, Aug 11, 2016.

1. hatemf23 Win User

Updates keep failing and rolling back.

Windows keeps trying to update and when it restarts to finish it fails and reverses it. Im not sure which update is causing this..

:)

hatemf23, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Ka Andres Win User

w10 1703 update keeps failing and rolling back to 1607

Don't do the upgrade using Windows Update. Use the Media Creation Tool instead.
    Click this link
    and click Download tool now (not the "Update now" button).

Ka Andres, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Ka Andres Win User
    w10 1703 update keeps failing and rolling back to 1607

<slow clap>

Ka Andres, Aug 11, 2016
  4. hatemf23 Win User

Edit: nevermind :/ I thought it worked by manually installing it but didnt, the update is KB3176493.

hatemf23, Aug 11, 2016
  5. bbinnard Win User
    There are apparently some serious problems with the Anniversary Update. No one has been able to identify what they are, or what to do about them. I disabled the Windows Update Service and will wait until people start reporting successful updates.

bbinnard, Aug 12, 2016
  6. hatemf23 Win User
    Does disabling the service actually stop all updates?

hatemf23, Aug 12, 2016
  7. bbinnard Win User
    I guess I'll find out. That's what this site said to do. Just search for "disable automatic updates"

bbinnard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updates keep failing and rolling back. - Similar Threads - Updates keep failing

2. Windows update fails and gets rolled back while trying to update 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update fails and gets rolled back while trying to update 21H2: Hello,I am wanting to upgrade my machine to Windows 11 but I haven't been able to update windows since last year. I used to try and install 20H2 which failed, now windows update tries to update to 21H2 and it fails.I have tried all the basic steps that are widely suggested...
  3. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  5. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Can't install KB4601319 - update fails and changes are rolled back.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't install KB4601319 - update fails and changes are rolled back.: One of my laptops is stuck in a failed update loop. It attempts to install KB4601319 and rolls back changes after failing. All it says is updates failed to install (or words to that effect). Then it starts over. I'll already postponed this update for as long as possible so...
  7. Rolling back updates manually?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rolling back updates manually?: I've just had to reset my PC due to a number of issues I suspect were caused by the recent 2004 Update. I want to go back to 1909, but the reset automatically installed 2004, so I have no update history to draw it from. Does anyone know if there is a way to download 1909,...
  8. Update Won't Roll Back

Update Won't Roll Back: Patch Tuesday was 2 days ago. This morning, when I rebooted, something had trashed my desktop, 2 email programs, Word, most of my startups, etc. I assume this was Windows Update but can't be sure. Win is now Version 1903 (Build 18362.1082); was 1903 but I don't know what...
  9. Cannot update latest Windows 10 and keeps rolling back

Cannot update latest Windows 10 and keeps rolling back: I tried to update Windows 10 to the latest version and apparently, I got a error during the upgrade that says "Windows could not configure one or more system components", and it kept rolling back to the April 2018 update. I looked to find out about the IIS that may be the...
  10. File Explorer keeps rolling back to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps rolling back to top: When there are a lot of files, File Explorer Windows 10 won't let me scroll all the way down to the bottom to look at them all, it keeps returning to the top. This just started recently. What do I need to do to fix it? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updates keep failing and rolling back