Windows 10: Updates keep installing old version

Discus and support Updates keep installing old version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro version 1903 on my laptop. Since a couple of days I noticed that Windows is not activated any more. I ran the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dschaareman, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Updates keep installing old version

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro version 1903 on my laptop. Since a couple of days I noticed that Windows is not activated any more. I ran the troubleshooter with the following result: troubleshooter discovered an activation key for Windows 10 Home single language version 1703. Fine, so I downloaded and installed Windows 10 Home Single Language 1703 from an ISO file. Setup finished successfully, everything fine, cleaned the C drive and had Windows.old removed. The only problem is that settings/update & security still want to install updates for Windows 10 version 1903 (and each time this failed).

Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks and regards,

Danker

:)

dschaareman, Nov 28, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Catalyst updates

AMD has rolled out a new update for my video card. Should I remove the old drivers/catalyst first then install the new version or simply upgrade?

It's been awhile since I perform an upgrade and I forgot the proper steps.

GoFigureItOut, Nov 28, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Updates keep installing old version

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates keep installing old version :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Updates keep installing old version

1. Updates keep installing old version - Similar Threads - Updates keep installing

2. Windows 10 Version to old for updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Version to old for updates: Hello there,following case:I have to install Microsoft 365 applications on a Windows 10 PC.The problem is, that the Windows version is too old and therefore not compatible.But it is too old for receiving updates on it's own also. via Windows settingsReinstalling the PC is not...
  3. Windows 10 Version to old for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version to old for updates: Hello there,following case:I have to install Microsoft 365 applications on a Windows 10 PC.The problem is, that the Windows version is too old and therefore not compatible.But it is too old for receiving updates on it's own also. via Windows settingsReinstalling the PC is not...
  4. Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers: I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD graphics i.e 31.0.101.3413 but every time I check for updates in Settings it shows that update of Intel UHD Drivers are available...
  5. Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers: I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD graphics i.e 31.0.101.3413 but every time I check for updates in Settings it shows that update of Intel UHD Drivers are available...
  6. old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?

old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?: Windows 10 1703 wouldn't upgrade I tried many times over the past year or so but I tried again yesterday and now gives errors on boot 0xc0000225, then 0xc000007 over and over. I see that creating boot media using Windows Media Creation Tool is what is recommended to fix this,...
  7. old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?: Windows 10 1703 wouldn't upgrade I tried many times over the past year or so but I tried again yesterday and now gives errors on boot 0xc0000225, then 0xc000007 over and over. I see that creating boot media using Windows Media Creation Tool is what is recommended to fix this,...
  8. old Windows 10 version update issues; can latest version be installed over it?

9. Wrong Version of Windows 10 installed updater keeps updating to it.

Wrong Version of Windows 10 installed updater keeps updating to it.: OKAY I made a mistake while reloading Windows 10 after a hard drive change. Seems I must have clicked on Windows 10 PRO in place of Windows 10 home, it was late at night and I was tired. Enough excuses huh?Anyhow now I can not enter my key with out getting an error message...
  10. keep 1607 old version and/or add 1607 ltsb updates

keep 1607 old version and/or add 1607 ltsb updates: Hello, My laptop is very old, but works great with 1507 ou 1607 version. I tried new versions but it was or slow or impossible to install. So I have to stay with 1607 version. Please, I'm wondering the following : 1) I know 1607 is out of support, anyway I still see on...