Windows 10: Updates made to messaging in Skype

Discus and support Updates made to messaging in Skype in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We've been hard at work updating messaging in Skype based on your feedback, we hope you enjoy these changes! To see these updates, be sure to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Updates made to messaging in Skype

Source: Weve heard your feedback on messaging in Skype and have made - Microsoft Community

:)

Brink, Nov 19, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Firmware 3.90 with Skype Now Available on Network Update

Fanboy reports that the PSP 3.90 firmware update is now available. The new firmware available only through Network Update will bring Skype for all PSP-2000 models. Here are the official details:
    • Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded.
    • Skype has been added as a feature under Network. (Only for PSP-2000 series)
    Skype requires a PSP headset in order to work properly.

Updates made to messaging in Skype skyeponpsp_thm.jpg

Source: PSP Fanboy

malware, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    ERROR MESSAGE in Skype: Unknown message type 'Signal/ForceAbchSync'

Hi Bob,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I suggest you to try disabling Skype from Outlook.com and check if it helps.

To disable Skype please follow the steps below:

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Updates made to messaging in Skype

Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Updates made to messaging in Skype

1. Updates made to messaging in Skype - Similar Threads - Updates made messaging

2. Skype messages not sending

in Windows 10 News
    Skype messages not sending: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You may have faced an issue where you find that Skype is not sending messages. This issue is common with Skype for home users, and the most probable cause has been having low or no internet connectivity. But if you [...] This post Skype messages not sending...
  3. Limited Service of Skype Instant Messaging

in Windows 10 News
    Limited Service of Skype Instant Messaging: Limited service of Instant messaging in multiple regions/countries STATUS Active We have identified an incident affecting our services and are actively looking into it. Update time: March 25, 2019, 11:28 AM by Brooke Start time: March 25, 2019, 2:30 AM Affected...
  4. Skype related error message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skype related error message: [img] This window pops up when my system reboots and at other times too - it's not clear what triggers it. I've Googled the message and there are a few postings about it, but none of the suggested solutions fix the problem. I've tried deleting Skype and reinstalling it -...
  5. Skype related error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype related error message: [img] This window pops up when my system reboots and at other times too - it's not clear what triggers it. I've Googled the message and there are a few postings about it, but none of the suggested solutions fix the problem. I've tried deleting Skype and reinstalling it -...
  6. Skype no new message alert !!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype no new message alert !!: Dear Sir/Madam, I have updated the skype version to SKYPE 12.1815.210.0. However, after using this new version, I have found that there is NO new message alert that's why always too late to read the new messages come ( Not user friendly !! ). I have took some time to look...
  7. New update for SKYPE

New update for SKYPE: Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just found out that a new update for Skype is released. Version is 7.17.0.104 if anyone is interested. 33907
  8. Skype Updated Automatically

Skype Updated Automatically: Has anyone here had skype automatically updated on their computer? The new version is horrible, it has like a microsoft signin page. And when you log in, it looks very bad compared to the old skype where i dont even want to use it anymore. On my phone though its still the...
  9. Skype for Windows 10 losing messages

Skype for Windows 10 losing messages: The Skype app for Windows doesn't have any settings that are related to syncing. Skype for Android doesn't allow you to change any settings at all.
  10. Messages App (Skype) login failed

Messages App (Skype) login failed: Hello to all the forum, which I follow for a long time. I decided to sign up for help on a problem I can not solve. I always used the Skype app without any problem. Messages few days ago suddenly stopped working. I tried many solutions proposed here, including resetting the...