Windows 10: Updates make my three computers inoperable

Discus and support Updates make my three computers inoperable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For many months now, I have dreaded and avoided Microsoft Windows updates on my three computers -- one desktop and two laptops -- because I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rdg58, Nov 25, 2021.

1. rdg58 Win User

Updates make my three computers inoperable

For many months now, I have dreaded and avoided Microsoft Windows updates on my three computers -- one desktop and two laptops -- because I can guarantee that the updates will be make them inoperable for at least several hours. My partner says that Windows Explorer is crashing but no one at Microsoft Support and I have contacted them numerous times will tell me what the issue is.The latest is an update on a Toshiba laptop that has now not worked for 3 days. Nothing I've tried -- including DISM scans and Scannow -- has solved the problem. The laptop will boot up but, as soon as I bring up Mic

:)

rdg58, Nov 25, 2021

2. Serious issue with KB4058043 - PC inoperable after installing update

Every time I have recently received a Windows 10 update, it wreaks havoc with my system. The "Start" menu becomes inoperable, can't search on Cortana (as you suggested for a remedy to get to "Feedback Hub"), most of my icons in the taskbar have become
    inoperable. Very disappointed customer. Can you provide any suggestions for getting my computer back to operational capabilities?

MichaelThies1, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Windows won't update, computer virtually inoperable

Hi Jon,

Windows Update might have failed to install due to a system file corruption. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you encountered any error messages?
    • What is the build number of your Windows?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter. After the troubleshooter is done, try
    running Windows Update again and install any available updates.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Updates make my three computers inoperable

Ghostly bubbles appear and make computer inoperable.

Have my surface pro 4 for several years and never had problems. Now ghostly bubbles flash and make computer inoperable. Have followed all kind of suggestions in the forum, however nothing seems to work. I do not want to disable my touchscreen, for that
    is why I bought this computer in the first place. Please advise.

SuzanneSigurdson, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Updates make my three computers inoperable

1. Updates make my three computers inoperable - Similar Threads - Updates three computers

2. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  3. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  4. Updates make my three computers inoperable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates make my three computers inoperable: For many months now, I have dreaded and avoided Microsoft Windows updates on my three computers -- one desktop and two laptops -- because I can guarantee that the updates will be make them inoperable for at least several hours. My partner says that Windows Explorer is...
  5. Updates make my three computers inoperable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates make my three computers inoperable: For many months now, I have dreaded and avoided Microsoft Windows updates on my three computers -- one desktop and two laptops -- because I can guarantee that the updates will be make them inoperable for at least several hours. My partner says that Windows Explorer is...
  6. update, the printer is inoperable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update, the printer is inoperable: Dear Readers!I found an article that after the June 15, 2020 win 10 update, some printers don’t print, unfortunately my printer doesn’t print either. With a USB connection, though, it was still operating normally in early 2020.How can an purchased device / driver become...
  7. Ghostly bubbles appear and make computer inoperable.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ghostly bubbles appear and make computer inoperable.: Have my surface pro 4 for several years and never had problems. Now ghostly bubbles flash and make computer inoperable. Have followed all kind of suggestions in the forum, however nothing seems to work. I do not want to disable my touchscreen, for that is why I bought this...
  8. Latest update stuck at 95% making my entire laptop inoperable - help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update stuck at 95% making my entire laptop inoperable - help!: As the title says, my laptop performed an automatic update when I booted it up this evening but its frozen on 95% and has been for hours. I've tried the hold the power button for 30 seconds and then reboot option and as soon as it gets to 95% it freezes and I'm back to square...
  9. Bluetooth inoperable after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth inoperable after update: An update ran this morning and disabled my bluetooth. I found it in the hidden devices of the device manager, but it says I have to reconnect the hardware....
  10. Networking Three computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Networking Three computers: Any help would be appreciated - at my wits end I have 3 computers, all running Windows 10 Pro - I am trying to get them to talk with each other and share file data One of them will connect to the other two and show the shared files, but the others will not connect to it....