Windows 10: Updates messing with user setting

Discus and support Updates messing with user setting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been complaining here for a long time about updates messing with my user settings (resetting things to default, adding unwanted keyboards etc.).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dsx75, Sep 30, 2018.

1. dsx75 Win User

Updates messing with user setting

I've been complaining here for a long time about updates messing with my user settings (resetting things to default, adding unwanted keyboards etc.).

Today, another update and guess what? My settings were reset yet again! Seriously?

Stop messing with user settings you incompetent morons!

Are you insane? User settings should be sacred to you!

:)

dsx75, Sep 30, 2018
  2. dsx75 Win User

Update 1803 messing with user setting

I've been complaining here for a long time about updates messing with my user settings (resetting things to default, adding unwanted keyboards etc.).

Today, new update 1803 and guess what? My settings were reset yet again! Seriously?

STOP MESSING WITH USER SETTINGS YOU INCOMPETENT MORONS!

Are you insane? User settings should be sacred to you!

dsx75, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Updates messing with user setting - Similar Threads - Updates messing user

2. Recent updates messed power settings up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent updates messed power settings up: After one of the recent updates, my laptop's power settings, specifically turning screen off when plugged in, seem to reset on regular basis. I change it to "never" and after next reboot it changes back to 15 minutes. Strangely enough, sleep setting does not reset. It was...
  3. Windows Update messed up camera settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update messed up camera settings: I recently did a Windows update and it somehow messed up my Sony a6000 camera settings. My camera runs smooth on its own screen, but the video lags on my computer. It doesnt look like its running at 60fps. I cant seem to find any camlink settings or video settings on my...
  4. messed up user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    messed up user accounts: ok, got a win 10 pc for a friends mum from ebay. It came with the only account called User. I added another local account I then seen a video on YT to right click the start button, computer management, local user & groups and rename Administrator account to what i needed,...
  5. Did this update mess with my settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did this update mess with my settings?: So this question is probably a little dumb but it's got me a bit paranoid so I'll ask it anyway. I installed the August 11th cumulative update today, and when my PC powered back on, it asked me stuff like if I wanted to keep my activity history in my microsoft account and...
  6. Settings messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings messed up: My system settings reset for some reason and can’t restore them. This has caused me to not be able to connect to any WiFi, etc. I need help ASAP since i cant use my computer properly...
  7. windows 10 update messed with my settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 update messed with my settings: Hi! After I installed the Windows 10 update onto my ASUS computer, it reset all my programs and settings and wiped some preferences and data from my device. I saw someone else post about this, the help received said it was 'unlikely' to have been caused by the update,...
  8. Update Messed Up Settings & Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Messed Up Settings & Software: My computer updated to build 17763 this morning. Upon restart, numerous settings were changed and all software now acts as if it has just been installed, resetting all settings in apps and even losing data! I am extremely miffed! Allowing a stable build update should NOT...
  9. I messed with User permissions..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I messed with User permissions..: Hi, While trying to delete the old windows files after an upgrade it kept denying deletion because TrustedInstaller wouldn't allow it so I tried to change ownership from TrustedInstaller to to administrators group and things went down hill from here. apparently a 2nd group...
  10. User account mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    User account mess up: Interesting problem yesterday. I was logged in on a local account without password. I went to the accounts settings to select the option to switch to an MS account. No such option. But there was an option to select a local account! Whaaat?? I restarted comp and it hung....