Windows 10: Updates & more issues -app you're installing isn't verified on bootup

Discus and support Updates & more issues -app you're installing isn't verified on bootup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/pRnxMpi "The app you're trying to install isn't a verified app from the store" with option to " I am now getting the above (error)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xtropodx, Feb 9, 2019.

1. xtropodx Win User

Updates & more issues -app you're installing isn't verified on bootup

https://imgur.com/pRnxMpi

"The app you're trying to install isn't a verified app from the store" with option to "

I am now getting the above (error) message whenever I log in, to any profile. Problem is I'm not installing anything & as you can see the message doesn't state what is trying to install. How absolutely useless & unhelpful is that?

EDIT: Guess I should add;

Above issue started after 2 recent updates in the last couple of days, first took approx hour, the 2nd 15minutes.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    end edit.

*sigh* So the above is yet another problem I'm having to deal with - start rant/

Seriously I am so over Windows10. I have Windows10 Pro on one PC running 24/7 that never gets updated, & this PC with standard Windows10 which gets barely used but nearly everytime it does, it has updates. Guess which one I have more problems with? One with forced updates.

My partner barely uses this Window10 Home PC & they are not the least bit tech-savy. But when they do go to use it, it has nothing but problems problems problems. The hardware is all less than 12months old, and I've had to deal with several issues, more in fact with this than I ever have with Windows7 or even WinXP. My partner has a samsung tablet. Guess what they love more & use, the tablet! And so I'm looking more & more to moving to LINUX at this rate.

Seriously MS, you are alienating your customer base.

/end rant

:)

xtropodx, Feb 9, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 9, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Updates & more issues -app you're installing isn't verified on bootup - Similar Threads - Updates more issues

2. How to fix The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app on Windows: Microsoft Windows 10 and 11 may be configured to only allow certain kinds of applications to be installed on the device. The restriction may be intention, e.g., when policies are in place that limit what can be installed on devices, but sometimes also unintentional. The...
  3. The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app: This makes ZERO sense at all! For one thing the programs I install are APPLICATIONS, NOT apps! Is Windows really so ignorant it cannot tell the difference between a software program and an app, or is it that Microsoft is hell bent that we all are locked into using this app...
  4. The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app: This makes ZERO sense at all! For one thing the programs I install are APPLICATIONS, NOT apps! Is Windows really so ignorant it cannot tell the difference between a software program and an app, or is it that Microsoft is hell bent that we all are locked into using this app...
  5. The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app": Hello, running latest version of Windows.Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2021 OS build 19042.985 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 It won't let me install any apps from my browser to my computer, and there is no drop-down menu...
  7. The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app: The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Cannot install Dell drivers on my PC because each time a driver installation is performed, the installation is re-directed to the MS store that do not have a single...
  8. "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app": Hello, Every time I try to run an installer or executable file, a pop-up shows saying "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app" and it won't let me run the installer. Every answer I see says to go to the 'Choose where to get apps' dropdown in...
  9. The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app: I am operating with Windows 10 Home version 1909 the latest version of windows Trying to install the latest version of Java, and I get the following error "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft verified app" I try to change my app recommendation settings...
  10. The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app

in Windows 10 Customization
    The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app: I am operating with Windows 10 Home version 1903 Trying to install TurboTax 2019, I get the following error "The app you're trying to install isn't a microsoft verified app" I try to change my app recommendation settings and there is NO option to change installation...