Windows 10: Updates not showing new preview builds

Discus and support Updates not showing new preview builds in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting a message that my current windows build 20152 is about to expire tomorrow. When I go to windows update, I am getting a message saying that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PraneethNamburi, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Updates not showing new preview builds

I am getting a message that my current windows build 20152 is about to expire tomorrow. When I go to windows update, I am getting a message saying that I am up to date. I made sure that I am signed into my account in the Windows Insider Program pane of the settings. Please let me know how to update to a non-expired windows 10 build.

:)

PraneethNamburi, Jul 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build has never updated

I want to add this for anyone in the future that may come across this post.

I followed the advice of @Ramhound and the links he provided in the comments and created a new VM in Azure from the downloaded image of Build 14295, which was the closest available ISO build. I followed all the steps to connect my MS account to the VM for insider preivew. I changed my insider preview settings to Fast track. I even used my MS account to sign into the VM.

I checked the registry settings as suggested by this article and ensured everything there was correct. Even after all this, I still did not receive the 14316 build.

I diligently checked my machine multiple times per day. I manually checked for updates. I restarted the machine several times. I changed my settings to developer mode. Even after following all these steps, I still did not receive the build.

Finally! Today, after a week of waiting, I logged into the VM, and the build was there. I do not believe any of this extra work I did helped....but I did learn some stuff from this, so it was not a complete waste of time. I think I would have received the build if I would have just left my VM as it was and kept waiting.

tldr - From my experience, I think the best advice is to just be patient and wait. If you have waited a significant amount of time (2 weeks), then maybe look into the other solutions.

Alex Chance, Jul 30, 2020
  3. VishnuTS Win User
    Windows insider preview update to new build not coming

I have installed windows insider preview x64 build 10130 published in the microsoft website. And I was update to build 10532 recently. But I had some unknown technical issues with that build version (start menu not working, showing some critical error
    message often). I tried to troubleshoot but there was no use with that also. So I came back to the previous build, 10130 itself.

Now the problem is its showing the preview build is gonna expire this OCT 1st and shows windows is not activated. I tried to update windows all these days, but not a single update update has came (I'm connected to internet all the time, update frequency is
    set fast). How can I update this to a new build version? Please help.

VishnuTS, Jul 30, 2020
  4. gamo62 Win User

Updates not showing new preview builds

Pending Updates and Preview Builds

under Windows 10 Storage I am showing 89mb for ending updates and preview builds. I have ran troubleshooter, and it says that I have pending updates for this machine.

But Windows Update shows nothing. I have been unable to download new builds. How do I delete these pending updates?

gamo62, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Updates not showing new preview builds

1. Updates not showing new preview builds - Similar Threads - Updates showing preview

2. new insider preview not showing in windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new insider preview not showing in windows update: I am not seeing new insider preview update in the windows update. I am on the dev channel. I have checked if a new build is there and there is indeed a new build. Help memy system isIntel Core i5-1135G7Intel Iris Xe8 GB ram...
  3. new insider preview not showing in windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new insider preview not showing in windows update: I am not seeing new insider preview update in the windows update. I am on the dev channel. I have checked if a new build is there and there is indeed a new build. Help memy system isIntel Core i5-1135G7Intel Iris Xe8 GB ram...
  4. New Build Not Showing Up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Build Not Showing Up.: This message keeps showing up. But I clicked on the “Open Windows Update” button, it didn’t show up. Is there a way to fix this? It’s saying that Build 22623.730 is available, but I cannot seem to receive it as a result of this error message....
  5. New Build Not Showing Up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Build Not Showing Up.: This message keeps showing up. But I clicked on the “Open Windows Update” button, it didn’t show up. Is there a way to fix this? It’s saying that Build 22623.730 is available, but I cannot seem to receive it as a result of this error message....
  6. preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preview builds: i cant turn my diagnosic data to full so i can get preview builds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-builds/bfc4efaf-e001-472d-8e0e-94af337c8384
  7. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out new preview builds of Skype for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, Mac, Linux, Linux Snap, Windows 10 PC & Android 4+ today! 8.35.76.65 is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, desktop apps for Mac, Linux & Windows 10 Skype Lite...
  8. Windows Update not downloading preview builds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update not downloading preview builds: I was running fast ring builds for windows 10 on another partition, I had been updating this since the original technical preview. I was having some performance problems a couple months ago, so I decided to finally update my old windows 8.1 install to 10, eventually doing a...
  9. Not getting new Insider Preview Build 14328

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not getting new Insider Preview Build 14328: Currently running Build 14316.rs1, Release 160402-2217 I'm set in the Fast Ring and Registry settings are correct. Has been downloaded and installed on my other W-10 PC. I don't see any Google comments on not receiving the new Build 14328. Am I the only one in the...
  10. New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available: Hi everyone, I’m excited to share the news that we’re rolling out our next build update to the “Fast” ring of the Windows Insider Program – Build 9879! Once again this build has a ton of changes, some noteworthy new features, and a few gotchas to be aware of. It also has a...