Windows 10: Updates not working due to insufficient battery

Discus and support Updates not working due to insufficient battery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I have been having issues with Update & Restart not installing Feature Updates back to version 1903. When I try to update and restart, my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MilkySeafoam, May 5, 2020.

1. Updates not working due to insufficient battery

Hi! I have been having issues with Update & Restart not installing Feature Updates back to version 1903. When I try to update and restart, my laptop never actually restarts, and when I turn it back on again, it tells me that I had insufficient battery and then it undoes the changes it made to my computer. Problem is, my laptop has to be connected to the AC because I have an issue with the battery that I also haven't been able to fix, despite posting in another forum. So it's basically always at 0% and never charges, but it works if it's plugged in. This is really annoying, not sure what to do. Help?

:)

MilkySeafoam, May 5, 2020

2. Update of an app fails due to "licensing problems"

Hello El-Gunsito - everyone.

For the symptoms you are describing, I would suggest the following steps:

• Delete the app from the Phone by tapping and holding on the app and then tapping “delete”.
    • Go back to Marketplace and reinstall the app.
    If that doesn’t work:

• Turn off the phone, remove the battery for 30 - 60 seconds, replace the battery and restart the phone. Removing the battery may not be absolutely necessary but I don't want to tell you to try it later Updates not working due to insufficient battery :)
    • Repeat the first 2 steps above.
    Let us know if this works.

Best regards.

J Woods - MSFT, May 5, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Updates not working due to insufficient battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 5, 2020
  4. Updates not working due to insufficient battery

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Updates not working due to insufficient battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Updates not working due to insufficient battery

1. Updates not working due to insufficient battery - Similar Threads - Updates working due

2. Bios cant update due to me having no battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios cant update due to me having no battery: I have an extensa 251-51g and i accidentally pressed the update system firmware when i checked for available updates not really knowing what it is then when i restarted i got greeted by upgrade process has been suspended because i need to have my battery at 25% but i dont...
  3. Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update: My battery is dead and I looked the in the entire country and didn't find a spare one I have a BIOS update but it's stuck , I disabled the AC and battery from the device manager but still no use Can this be solved?...
  4. Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update: My battery is dead and I looked the in the entire country and didn't find a spare one I have a BIOS update but it's stuck , I disabled the AC and battery from the device manager but still no use Can this be solved?...
  5. Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 can't update to 11 due to 'insufficient' TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't update to 11 due to 'insufficient' TPM: I have a HP laptop with windows 10 original 2014 I'm trying to update to 11 but it says TPM isn't enough. I ran pc health and tried the solution but the option in the bios isn't there? Upon researching I found that windows integrated the older models and the TPM is good. I...
  7. Windows 10 can't update to 11 due to 'insufficient' TPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 can't update to 11 due to 'insufficient' TPM: I have a HP laptop with windows 10 original 2014 I'm trying to update to 11 but it says TPM isn't enough. I ran pc health and tried the solution but the option in the bios isn't there? Upon researching I found that windows integrated the older models and the TPM is good. I...
  8. Windows 10 can't update to 11 due to 'insufficient' TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Insufficient space for windows update

Insufficient space for windows update: I have tried to follow the Microsoft guidance to do start>settings>windows update then to select a temporary external storage device - my problem being there is nowhere to make such a selection. I have also tried the windows 10 update assistant - that tells me to try step...
  10. insufficient space for update

insufficient space for update: The notebook is an AspireSwitch10 with a 64 Gb micro SB installed. Windows 10 update doesn't recognize it for added space. It does show up in file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insufficient-space-for-update/3566eedd-b10b-4f9c-bbe8-2dd6d3f8676b