Windows 10: updates on my PC

Discus and support updates on my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I can not do updates on my computer. I get a message saying Errow encountered Last checked : Today, 10:41 AM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RaymondLaBerge, Aug 7, 2020.

  1. updates on my PC


    Hello,


    I can not do updates on my computer. I get a message saying Errow encountered Last checked : Today, 10:41 AM

    :)
     
    RaymondLaBerge, Aug 7, 2020
    #1

  2. PC Build Steps

    Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??
     
    anandsap123, Aug 7, 2020
    #2
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

    Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

    Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond updates on my PC :) Best regards.


    And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.
     
    3Colors, Aug 7, 2020
    #3
  4. Mandroid Win User

    updates on my PC

    My PC won't turn on after update

    I installed some updates while I stepped away from my PC. When I came back I found it like in a hibernation state and irresponsive. I tried disconnecting the power cable and restarted it but nothing. I even tried to put in the installation disc but there's no power to open the tray. I do see an led light, telling me that power is coming in but not enough to boot. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

    updates on my PC [​IMG]
     
    Mandroid, Aug 7, 2020
    #4
Thema:

updates on my PC

Loading...
  1. updates on my PC - Similar Threads - updates

  2. Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 2026 Update, also known as Windows 11 version 26H2, as announced on September 29 in a Windows Experience Blog post by John Cable, Vice President of Product Management for Windows Servicing and Delivery. The update is available now for...
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  4. Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019: Microsoft has paused the rollout of KB5002907, an optional update for out-of-date Microsoft 365 Apps installations, after reports that it deactivated or, in some cases, completely removed perpetual Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2019 installations on Windows PCs. The...
  5. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  6. Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections: Microsoft has confirmed that the security updates for Windows 11 which are scheduled for September 2026 may cause Always On VPN connections to fail, leaving the affected devices unable to access corporate networks. The company mentioned the issue in a Windows release health...
  7. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures: To deal with the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) failures caused by the September 2026 security updates, as well as with Hyper-V and USB audio problems on certain versions of Windows, Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band Windows updates. The September 2026 security...
  8. September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025

    in Windows 10 News
    September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025: Windows administrators have reported that the September 2026 cumulative updates are leading to failures of Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on Windows Server 2019, 2022, and 2025, which stops users from being able to connect and, in a number of instances, necessitates a hard...
  9. Grey screen after Update in Windows 11 [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    Grey screen after Update in Windows 11 [Fix]: [ATTACH]Microsoft regularly provides updates for Windows 11. These updates bring significant performance improvements, fix bugs, and introduce new features. It is okay to see some errors and issues while and after installing Windows updates, as they can be easily fixed. Some...
  10. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 KB5121003 Update Is Crashing Games and Rebooting PCs

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 KB5121003 Update Is Crashing Games and Rebooting PCs: Microsoft has acknowledged that its latest Patch Tuesday update for Windows 11 is causing games to crash on some systems. The KB5121003 update, released on August 11 for builds 26200.9168 and 26100.9168, introduces a bug that leads to game crashes with an...