Windows 10: Updates past 1709 have ruined some of my audio settings, could maybe use a hand.

Discus and support Updates past 1709 have ruined some of my audio settings, could maybe use a hand. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; To clarify, I have a soundboard (Resanance) that I use on discord, and I also use Voicemeter Banana for NVIDIA Shadowplay to reduce white noise. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShiroYashaa, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Updates past 1709 have ruined some of my audio settings, could maybe use a hand.

To clarify, I have a soundboard (Resanance) that I use on discord, and I also use Voicemeter Banana for NVIDIA Shadowplay to reduce white noise.

To put it simply, the virtual audio cable for the soundboard no longer has audio running through it. I can still hear the audio myself but it just doesn't play through my mic anymore. I've tried messing with the settings and doing things like checking the privacy settings but it just doesn't seem to be working using the same settings that worked on 1709.

My other issue is that shadowplay doesn't detect my own voice when I'm talking in recordings if I set the mic to voicemeter, default mic works.

I'm not really sure what else I can do. I wanted to stay on 1709 but it's starting to get to the end of it's life cycle so I figured I should update.

If anyone has any ideas it would be great.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/ShiroYashaa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShiroYashaa, Nov 13, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 13, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates past 1709 have ruined some of my audio settings, could maybe use a hand. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Updates past 1709 have ruined some of my audio settings, could maybe use a hand.

The update ruined my audio

On 06/12/2019 my Windows had an update and it ruined my sound! The computer will not let the audio out. I already uninstalled the update, and the audio came back up, but it updated again, and the same problem occurred. I have already uninstalled and updated
    drivers, but nothing works in this new version.

GabrielRodrigues[], Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Updates past 1709 have ruined some of my audio settings, could maybe use a hand.

1. Updates past 1709 have ruined some of my audio settings, could maybe use a hand. - Similar Threads - Updates past 1709

2. The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller: This has been happening ever since I installed this update. Audio will ONLY play through speakers and not headphones, or vice versa; it's competently random as to which one it chooses. I figured out the only way fix it (temporarily) is to go in Device Manager and disable and...
  3. The last cumulative update ruined audio in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The last cumulative update ruined audio in games: Hello, some days ago I normally updated my OS. Legit cumulative update showed up - .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for 1903, 64x typed processors, build 18362.356. This once hapenned in may this year, the audio after this update seems like it's broken in certain games (Overwatch...
  4. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  5. Windows Updates are ruining my machine

Windows Updates are ruining my machine: I only use this machine for playing Dolphin (Gamecube emulator), it worked fine a month ago, but then an update was forced on me and the emulator started running at 10FPS (60 is normal). I messed with windows settings and drivers and the situation kept getting worse until...
  6. Windows will not let me update past 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not let me update past 1709: Hello Microsoft community, As subject states, my computer will not update past 1709. I do realize that Microsoft has put a block on the most recent update (1809) back on the 14th of November but you would think that I would at least have 1803? Ive done full system checks and...
  7. I could use some advise on using a NVMe card

I could use some advise on using a NVMe card: I have an Acer Predator G3-710 2016 (desktop) pc. I haven't found the motherboard specs, but in the meantime I attached 3 photos. Could it be that photo #1 shows the slot where the NVMe card plugs? (red rectangle) According to laurent_14 from the these are the available...
  8. Logitech Hand-set

Logitech Hand-set: How can I tell if my logitec harmony software driver is active? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/logitech-hand-set/9bab724a-3d68-419a-9726-eb9bf270c947
  9. Could use some help with background colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Could use some help with background colors: hey guys, one of the pc's with Windows 10 on, when opening settings has a gray background instead of white and it seems i cannot alter this. Anyone with suggestions to change this background please? thanks Jeff 13828
  10. Some Notifications missing in 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Notifications missing in 1709: This could be a setting change but I can't find it. The Problem: Since upgraded my W10 Home system to 1709, I no longer recieve notifications when inserting a USB Stick or a USB external drive. The system does recognize the devices and they show in File Explorer and Disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 nov 13 update ruined my sound