Windows 10: Updates pending

Discus and support Updates pending in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I start an update if one is available for Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oigetit, Nov 28, 2020.

1. oigetit Win User

Updates pending

How do I start an update if one is available for Windows 10

:)

oigetit, Nov 28, 2020

2. Updates pending

I am running with windows 10.0.20231 and have pending updates for:

• Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20241.1005 (rs_prerelease)
    • Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support
    For some reason the updates continue to show as pending and are not being installed. I ran the update troubleshooter and the only issue it found was:

Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException

I'm unclear as to why this is a problem or what I need to do to resume my downloads, anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to fix this?

MarkWood-Patrick, Nov 28, 2020
  3. IanPCook Win User
    Updates pending

Thanks, I have just tried this but can't download Lumia system updater either. It suits in the download list as pending too.

IanPCook, Nov 28, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Updates pending

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates pending :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Updates pending

1. Updates pending - Similar Threads - Updates pending

2. I have a couple of Win updates pending which I done need. The wushowhide.diagcab file does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a couple of Win updates pending which I done need. The wushowhide.diagcab file does...: Trying to download the diag file gives an error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-couple-of-win-updates-pending-which-i/73ed212d-5c19-4313-9c6f-68a702680815
  3. I have a couple of Win updates pending which I done need. The wushowhide.diagcab file does...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a couple of Win updates pending which I done need. The wushowhide.diagcab file does...: Trying to download the diag file gives an error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-couple-of-win-updates-pending-which-i/73ed212d-5c19-4313-9c6f-68a702680815
  4. How do delete pending Windows 10 update after installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do delete pending Windows 10 update after installing Windows 11: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11. There was a pending Windows 10 update awaiting a reboot at the time - I didn't realize Windows 11 was going to install, I thought it was just downloading and that I'd have a chance to complete the Windows 10 update before installing...
  5. How do delete pending Windows 10 update after installing Windows 11

How do delete pending Windows 10 update after installing Windows 11: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11. There was a pending Windows 10 update awaiting a reboot at the time - I didn't realize Windows 11 was going to install, I thought it was just downloading and that I'd have a chance to complete the Windows 10 update before installing...
  6. my update is pending install and wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my update is pending install and wont start: this is the update im trying to install but it wont 2024-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034204...
  7. my update is pending install and wont start

my update is pending install and wont start: this is the update im trying to install but it wont 2024-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034204...
  8. Windows 11 alt + F4 "shut down" changed to "change user" when an update is pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 alt + F4 "shut down" changed to "change user" when an update is pending: When i want to turn off my computer using the window open by alt + F4, normally the default option is a simple "shut down", BUT when there is a windows update waiting for restart, it for some god forsaken reason defaults to "change user".Why is it that in windows 10 the...
  9. Windows 11 alt + F4 "shut down" changed to "change user" when an update is pending

Windows 11 alt + F4 "shut down" changed to "change user" when an update is pending: When i want to turn off my computer using the window open by alt + F4, normally the default option is a simple "shut down", BUT when there is a windows update waiting for restart, it for some god forsaken reason defaults to "change user".Why is it that in windows 10 the...
  10. Windows 11 alt + F4 "shut down" changed to "change user" when an update is pending

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance