Windows 10: Updates Preview or regular Update?

Discus and support Updates Preview or regular Update? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This update has been in Window 10 Updates for longer than the 7 days set in Update Settings. 2020-09 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bruce BW, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Bruce BW Win User

Updates Preview or regular Update?

This update has been in Window 10 Updates for longer than the 7 days set in Update Settings.

2020-09 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 KB4576947

Is this a regular Update or just a Preview?

I did not find anything when I looked on Edge/Bing or more info about this Update.

I know there have been numerous Updates with similar description with different numbers but I do not remember any if them with the word PREVIEW.
    Have I missed something?
    Thank You!

:)

Bruce BW, Sep 28, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Sep 28, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Updates Preview or regular Update?

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Updates Preview or regular Update?

1. Updates Preview or regular Update? - Similar Threads - Updates Preview regular

2. Windows 11, version 23H2 is available...is this the regular update or a preview?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, version 23H2 is available...is this the regular update or a preview?: Hi,Today i got this notification when i was trying to update my windows as usual, i want to know if this update is the REGULAR update or its a beta/preview???Should i update it in case if its the official and regular?Thanks a lot....
  3. Windows 11, version 23H2 is available...is this the regular update or a preview?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, version 23H2 is available...is this the regular update or a preview?: Hi,Today i got this notification when i was trying to update my windows as usual, i want to know if this update is the REGULAR update or its a beta/preview???Should i update it in case if its the official and regular?Thanks a lot....
  4. Regular update on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regular update on windows 10: Windows 10 has came up with regular updates Which is good start but not for me I have a daily 3GB data plan and if I update Windows even once my daily data package Will vanish in just 5min and I would not be able To do anything after that So what do I do.I also have a...
  5. Are regular updates no longer happening?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are regular updates no longer happening?: I've noticed that since the CU update from the second Tuesday in December, I haven't been getting regular security updates anymore. Is that normal? Is MS no longer sending out periodic Windows Defender updates since the last CU? 171900
  6. Are regular updates no longer happening?

Are regular updates no longer happening?: I've noticed that since the CU update from the second Tuesday in December, I haven't been getting regular security updates anymore. Is that normal? Is MS no longer sending out periodic Windows Defender updates since the last CU? 171900
  7. Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview

Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview: Hi, I had opted in for Windows Insider Preview last year and then I opted out of it some 5 months back. I am not receiving any Windows updated from then. The Windows Update page always shows 'You're up to date' whereas there are many updates released thereafter. I even...
  8. Regular update on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular update on windows 10: I have a severe sound problems on windows 10. When trying to play videos on youtube, it can't play. Youtube suggesting to restart the device. I am really having troubles. Please fix these ASAP....
  9. Regularity of Windows updates

Regularity of Windows updates: Hi, How often does Windows check for updates as of Feature update 1903? Mainly patches and security fixes. I have found answers, but none that are sourced from Microsoft....
  10. Regular Updates are taking FOREVER to download

Regular Updates are taking FOREVER to download: Fresh brand new install of Windows 10 build 1809 17763.107. Several windows updates were detected. They all say Downloading 0% and that's where they've been for four days. I changed my active hours to 8:00 am to 9:00 am. I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter. The ONLY...