Windows 10: Updates ready.

Discus and support Updates ready. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Two Updates ready. [img] 1953 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by theog, Sep 30, 2014.

1. theog Win User

Updates ready.

Two Updates ready.

Updates ready. [​IMG]

:)

theog, Sep 30, 2014

2. "Getting Windows Ready", but no updates were installed...

Last night, I turned my computer off as usual. There were no indications that any updates were pending install, and when I clicked the shutdown button, it did not say "Update and Shutdown".

Once I hit shutdown, the "Getting Windows Ready" screen appeared as if updates were going to install. It stayed on this screen, never changing to any install progress %, for about 20 minutes. Then all of a sudden the screen went black and the computer
    shut itself off. I immediately restarted the computer, and it booted up like usual. It did not go back to the configuring updates screen like it normally does if updates were installed during the last shutdown.

I checked the windows update history and no updates were installed during that whole day. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? Or maybe is there anything else I can look in to? My computer is operating like normal but I would like to know
    why this happened. Thank you for any advice!

Ambition5253, Sep 30, 2014
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    "Getting Windows Ready", but no updates were installed...

Hi,

Based on the information that you provided, it looks like your PC did install the updates normally.

Let's check what version of Windows you are running:

• Press the Windows Key+ R.
    • A box will pop up on the bottom left side of the screen. Type winver and then press
      Enter.
    • Another box will open that will tell you what version of Windows you're running and what the build is.

You can check the article about Windows 10 Update History.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlo Fer, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Updates ready.

JDobbsy1987, Sep 30, 2014
  5. Anyone have a problem with the updates ?

I just found I had them and for me KB3001512 is 9.7 MB instead of 19.5 MB.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updates ready.

1. Updates ready. - Similar Threads - Updates ready

2. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  3. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  4. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update: Installed updates and restarted the machine as indicated on the update screen. Blue "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer" screen appeared and circle indicator that the machine is doing something is moving, but nothing is happening and it's been an hour. Is it...
  6. Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update

Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update: Installed updates and restarted the machine as indicated on the update screen. Blue "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer" screen appeared and circle indicator that the machine is doing something is moving, but nothing is happening and it's been an hour. Is it...
  7. Windows 10 machine stuck on blue "getting windows ready" Screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly.": Whenever I attempt to open Settings it says "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly." and of course, waiting has done nothing.I am on Windows 11 on the latest preview. This happened after I last updated this computer. It seems it is only on my main...
  9. "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly."

"We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly.": Whenever I attempt to open Settings it says "We’re updating Settings. It should be ready to use again shortly." and of course, waiting has done nothing.I am on Windows 11 on the latest preview. This happened after I last updated this computer. It seems it is only on my main...
  10. Is there a way to get windows to send me an email, once a windows update is ready?

Is there a way to get windows to send me an email, once a windows update is ready?: I want to receive an email everytime my pc is ready to install a windows update or ready to restart for an update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-get-windows-to-send-me-an-email/da1bfd2f-1a47-48ef-a618-85ad0c4b9c36