Windows 10: Updates require restart - and they never show successful!

Discus and support Updates require restart - and they never show successful! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday I had my first successful windows update (KB4023057 - Update for Windows 10 Version 1803) since mid-August when I reinstalled WIndows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Morden2004, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Updates require restart - and they never show successful!

Yesterday I had my first successful windows update (KB4023057 - Update for Windows 10 Version 1803) since mid-August when I reinstalled WIndows 10. Most updates since then all show "Requires a restart" and they never complete.

However, this KB4023057 seems to indicate that this update will fix all/many/some of the Windows Update issues. Rebooting still yields no success. How do I get this restart required resolved?

Cheers

:)

Morden2004, Nov 20, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates require restart - and they never show successful! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 20, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

I want to follow the suggestion. But It is that before making a decision or action I usually analyze it or ask a little more, as long as it is something new for me
    :/

Before Reset the Windows Update should I take into account the results of the Windows Update Troubleshooter ? The WUT of Windows itself does not correct the problem it finds. But the other WUT shows me (after the second attempt) as "corrected" and "completed".

Updates require restart - and they never show successful! [​IMG]

What I do not understand is why the WUT tells me that one of the steps is to remove the updates and re-download them (red rectangle). But when I give in "apply this correction" does not eleminate the update(Should?)

Already in the final step in the report it tells me: that it is "corrected" in the first line. In the second it indicates "completed" and the text there says that one of the steps is to remove and re-download the update (is it supposed that WUT already did it or should I do it?)
    And what is that appears in the green box. Should I download it, remove it?

Sorry if maybe I have not explained well before. I think it would be much easier if the OS language were in English because translating the texts of the images is a lot.

3Colors, Nov 20, 2018
  4. jds63 Win User

Updates require restart - and they never show successful!

Update history shows it requires a restart (KB4041676)

Windows update history still keeps showing it requires a restart to finish installing this update (KB4041676).
    After numerous times restarting it never goes away, did a System File Checker and DISM no problems.

The Windows Version is what it should be after this update

I read many have had BSOD with this Oct. 17th update, no problems here just what was stated.
    If anyone knows a solution otherwise all is good with my PC.

jds63, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Updates require restart - and they never show successful!

1. Updates require restart - and they never show successful! - Similar Threads - Updates require restart

2. Update never finish but it will continue on restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update never finish but it will continue on restarting: My update runs forever and never finish. It will restart my computer multiple times and will not stop until I force shutdown my computer. I need my computer for my work so I need to finish it but as soon I check my settings the update never install. I need some Microsoft to...
  3. Windows 10 pushed in a graphics driver update and required me to restart. This has never...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pushed in a graphics driver update and required me to restart. This has never...: I'm running Windows 10 Education version 1909. I have full Enterprise level controls over updates, however, I have things on default and don't delay updates. Other than definition and cumulative updates nothing major has happened to my OS. One thing I like to manage my own...
  4. Windows updates the require restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates the require restart: Windows update said it required to restart. Said yeah sure and restarted, got black screen stayed like that for 20 minutes. Then I forced a shut off. Windows asked me to restart again after I turned the computer back on. Instead I waited a few days then tried it again. It's...
  5. Update history shows 2 updates requiring a restart for the last week

Update history shows 2 updates requiring a restart for the last week: I went into my update history last week to check whether I had V1903. I discovered two updates KB 4503308 and KB 4502584 which say requires a restart to finish installing. My computer has been restarted at least 10 times since I first discovered this and the message is still...
  6. Restart Required message shows on notifications

Restart Required message shows on notifications: Hi. Soon after I hard reset my laptop I keep on getting notifications like this. Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted in order to finish setting up this device. Asus Support Device. I've restarted and updated the laptop so many times but it won't go away. What...
  7. BSOD: 'Recovery' operations are NEVER successful

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: 'Recovery' operations are NEVER successful: I get periodic (varies between daily and once every 2 weeks) occasions where my PC (HP-23-B222EA as delivered with 2T WD HDD in place of Seagate 1T) freezes and produces a 'BSOD' with some sort of automatic recovery operation trying to recover the machine. I have tried the...
  8. Update history shows it requires a restart (KB4041676)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update history shows it requires a restart (KB4041676): Windows update history still keeps showing it requires a restart to finish installing this update (KB4041676). After numerous times restarting it never goes away, did a System File Checker and DISM no problems. The Windows Version is what it should be after this update...
  9. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing'

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing': Clean install of W10 and many updates are showing as 'Requiring a restart to finish installing'. Despite several restarts and full shut downs this situation remains. Windows update itself says it is up to date. 7083
  10. Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing

Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing: i updated the other day, and after it was done it asked for a restart. i restarted it and when it came back up it said it needed to restart. i continued what i was doing and when i was done restarted the computer. this has been going on for several days. [img] After the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES STILL SHOWING REQUIRES RESTART AFTER RESTARTING SEVERAL TIMES

2. updates require restart mulitple times

3. Windows update history shows Requires a restart to finish but never updates