Windows 10: updates resetting changed defaults and settings

Discus and support updates resetting changed defaults and settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bbxriderxx, Mar 15, 2021.

1. updates resetting changed defaults and settings

the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my choice app back to photos, pdf from adobe to edge and resetting my task bar items to ms apps, some of my installed programs have lost their install keys

****????

windows was not reinstalled,

why is this suddenly happening??

something way wrong here,

how to stop this and fix this??

:)

bbxriderxx, Mar 15, 2021

2. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

updates resetting changed defaults and settings ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 15, 2021
  3. FAXA Win User
    Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

4. Jerry8A Win User

updates resetting changed defaults and settings

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

updates resetting changed defaults and settings

1. updates resetting changed defaults and settings - Similar Threads - updates resetting changed

2. updates resetting changed defaults and settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates resetting changed defaults and settings: BB xx Created on March 15, 2021 updates resetting changed defaults and settings the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my choice app back to photos, pdf from adobe to...
  3. Change default setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default setting: How do I change the default setting on the weather tile please RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-setting/be9c01ab-63da-4000-96f3-d6bb0314bae5
  4. A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Service I've changed the default settings keeps resetting back to default: There is a Service where I need the Log On property changed to "Local System account" with the allow service to interact with desktop checked. This is required for a program that needs to be run that connects to an external device. After some time it changes back to the...
  5. Change default settings for a webcam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default settings for a webcam?: Is there any way of changing the default-settings of a connected webcam? No, I'm not asking to change the default webcam, I'm asking about changing the default exposure-, white-balance- etc. settings so they don't have to be adjusted every single god damn time you boot up....
  6. change default key settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    change default key settings: Recently I've been having issues with my keyboard, out of nowhere my right arrow key is now set to the windows key and I can't figure out how to change it back, if anybody could help me out that would be great....
  7. changing default setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing default setting: I have set my laptop to open a .dav document with Widows Media Player. However, that can't do it so I now wish to change to another programme that will open it but can't work out how to....
  8. Change printer default settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change printer default settings: How do you change printer default settings from color to black and white on windows 10? I have office365 also. Does that make a difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/change-printer-default-settings/6f785f32-dec4-448c-8259-0dfc85477859
  9. changing default settings

in Browsers and Email
    changing default settings: I have office 2013 and use outlook for my email. When I delete a message it goes into my trash folder and not my deleted folder. Plus the trash folder keeps only a few days of deleted emai9ls. How can I change outlook to send deleted items to the deleted folder and also keep...
  10. Edge Resets to default settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Resets to default settings: Edge resets to default setting after every W10 update. Can MS stop this please ? Favourites are gone, I have to run xcopy to add back. Google search is no longer the default search provider. It also offers to remember password which I disabled. Regards 41036