Windows 10: updates restart goes to SSD screen warning

Discus and support updates restart goes to SSD screen warning in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The past 2 months updates means that on restarting, the SSD manufacturer screen comes up with warning of imminent failure. SSD is 2 years old with W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by piepowder, Mar 3, 2020.

1. piepowder Win User

updates restart goes to SSD screen warning

The past 2 months updates means that on restarting, the SSD manufacturer screen comes up with warning of imminent failure. SSD is 2 years old with W10 Pro 64 bit put on as a completely new computer PC. If I press the on/off button everything reverts to normal windows on starting up. But if I ever use restart from power it reverts to the warning message. Hence can not 'restart' but must shut down. I seem to recall a similar glitch last year that affected my Avira antivirus which was never resolved. Using Bitdefender AV. I have delayed updates, but seems to have begun with the KB 453 / 2693 + 7759 + 8674 updates. I am a technonerd - so go easy please if you have any suggestions. Verging close to Linux now. *Tongue

:)

piepowder, Mar 3, 2020
  2. llanita Win User

Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc

This started happening about a week ago, and it occurs almost once a day. The screen suddenly goes black for a second or so, then the pc restarts, it goes through the welcome screen etc.

I get no warning at all. Its not because overheating, because sometimes it happens after I've only been logged on for 30 mins and there's no heat coming from the tower. Sometimes it happens hours after I'm on.

The pc is about 3 years old. It's AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7, 10 Compute cores 4C+6G 3.40 GHz

llanita, Mar 3, 2020
  3. SSD warning signs?

thanks guys, I have tried googling around. It seems the general consensus is they just fail without much warning like you suggested. I was just curious about it and hoped that these days via combo of Windows and the SSD firmware they'd be intelligent enough to detect impending doom and warn the user suitably on screen

Scottyboy99, Mar 3, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond updates restart goes to SSD screen warning :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. updates restart goes to SSD screen warning - Similar Threads - updates restart goes

2. Restarting everytime it goes on installing windows screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarting everytime it goes on installing windows screen: I can't use my Lenovo laptop because it keeps restarting everytime it goes on the install windows screen. Is this normal because at the bottom it says "This computer will restart several times" or something like that. I tried researching about it but nothing seems to help. Is...
  3. Black screen comes but goes after restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen comes but goes after restart.: Hi, Recently I have uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security. Then I was deleting it from registry, I deleted a file most probably named Microsoft over there. Then an error message came and everything went dark. I restored registry and clicked restart of the computer. Then The...
  4. Windows restarts for updates with no warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows restarts for updates with no warning: I have an older laptop on which I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Unlike other computers I have, it gives no warning when it wants to do a Windows 10 update. It just briefly displays a screen saying it needs to restart for an update, then does so. No buttons for...
  5. PC goes to blue screen then restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC goes to blue screen then restarts: Hello. My PC keeps going to a blue screen than restarts. I have seen a few different "Stop Codes" one of them being "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" then I see a QR code on the blue screen. My pc then restarts and as if nothing happens. It does this a few times. I tried resetting the...
  6. My PC abruptly restarts to update.. With NO warnings..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC abruptly restarts to update.. With NO warnings..: Windows 10 obviously.. I'm fine with updates, but I want full control on when to begin the updating process.. Currently, the PC just dies as if it just encountered a BSOD, but NOPE, it's just installing an update and nonchalantly disregarding all my work while doing so,...
  7. Restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...
  8. SSD warning signs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD warning signs?: Just a curiousity but does Windows 10/SSDs give you on screen warning signs when an SSD is on it's last legs? I'm sure Samsung Evo 500gb has many years of life ahead (machine is only a year old) but I wonder if Windows 10 does anything to tell you the end is near without 3rd...
  9. Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc: This started happening about a week ago, and it occurs almost once a day. The screen suddenly goes black for a second or so, then the pc restarts, it goes through the welcome screen etc. I get no warning at all. Its not because overheating, because sometimes it happens...
  10. Computer restarting without warning/blue screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarting without warning/blue screen.: Hello, I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7 and today I've started experiencing random computer restarts without any blue screen. I've checked temps and ran malware bytes to make sure it was nothing malicious but both were fine. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A...