Windows 10: Updates stopped on PC - is it important?

Discus and support Updates stopped on PC - is it important? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Not sure if it's important. 2 x PC's - both running Win10 x64 ver 1607. On one everything has updated - attached Dell update - dell update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mart1981, Mar 16, 2017.

1. mart1981 Win User

Updates stopped on PC - is it important?

Not sure if it's important. 2 x PC's - both running Win10 x64 ver 1607.

On one everything has updated - attached Dell update - dell update history.jpg. The other seems to have stopped in February - attached - pc update history.jpg.

Tried installing both the kb3150513 and 4013429 via the MS update catalog and receive the message - this update is not applicable to your computer - win10 update failure.jpg attached. So go figure me time.

Should I just wait until the Creator Update becomes available. Is there anything important in kb3150513 and 401342. Any input appreciated.

Updates stopped on PC - is it important? [​IMG]

:)

mart1981, Mar 16, 2017

2. When turning on my PC it sounds as though it is bootinf up but stops with a black. I restart with the power button and unit boots up perfectly. Any ideas regarding the cause and remedy

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

If you haven't done so yet, we suggest that you try to check on the link provided below:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Mar 16, 2017
  3. When turning on my PC it sounds as though it is bootinf up but stops with a black. I restart with the power button and unit boots up perfectly. Any ideas regarding the cause and remedy

On start up PC goes through all the sounds of starting up and finishes with a black screen. I restart with the power switch and unit starts up properly. Any ideas regarding the cause and remedy.

WayneJames_996, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Updates stopped on PC - is it important?

Hi Mart1981.

If updates are not installing properly then run the update trouble shooter.

Windows key + S, search bar appears, type troubleshooting into search bar, troubleshooting appears at top. Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click. Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”. Should run clean. If not run again.

The first updated you quoted was from May 2016, if we are to believe Google finds, so likely your machine already has it. Why it came up on the other machine is above my pay grade. It must have been missing???

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 16, 2017
  5. mart1981 Win User
    Thanks Ken

Ran troubleshooting - no problems found with updating.

Also ran Shawn's - Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components.bat as administrator. All previous updates now deleted from history.

Rebooted. Checked for updates and reported 'Your device is up to date'

Has no problems downloading WD definition updates.

Current OS Build: 14393.693

mart1981, Mar 16, 2017
  6. mart1981 Win User
    A further update. Ran troubleshooting again only this time came up with attached ts.jpg message. Rebooted - still no go on the update front.

Ran troubleshooting again - same ts.jpg message. So whatever Win10 is claiming to have fixed is not 'holding'.

mart1981, Mar 16, 2017
  7. Interesting. Try running the tool twice in a row, no reboots etc.

14393.693 is the update that came out in January. The most current 14393.953 from the March update. Here is complete list.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...update-history

The tool is usually very reliable.

Ken

8. mart1981 Win User

Ran troubleshooting - no problems found with Win updating. Ran again - still okay.

Tried updating via Windows Update and reported as - 'Your device is up to date'

Went to MS Catalog and downloaded and installed kb3216755 - no problems. Rebooted and current OS Build showing as 14393.726 so progress being made.

Ran troubleshooting for Win updating - all clear.

Again tried updating via Windows Update and reported as - 'Your device is up to date'

Back to MS Catalog and downloaded kb4013429. Unfortunately the sign appeared after downloading - 'the update is not applicable to your computer'.

So getting there albeit slowly. Thanks for your input Ken - very much appreciated.

mart1981, Mar 16, 2017
  9. Doesn't make much sense, wonder if there is some sort of timer. You just got a cumulative update and you need to wait some magical period. Never heard of this before but something is preventing you from coming right up to date.

When you went to catalog I think there were six files with this update number. Did you download full package for 64 Bits?

Ken

10. mart1981 Win User
    Yes - it was the Cumulative x64 one. Also tried the Delta update.

I could try the workaround force install using the kb4013429.cab file but not sure where that is located - if at all on the MS servers.

mart1981, Mar 16, 2017
  11. I wouldn't force anything. Wait a day. See if your system changes it mind.

When you install manually do you stop the windows update services and bits?

Net stop wuauserv
    Net stop bits

12. DavidY Win User
    KB3150513 is one of those which keep getting updated. It's the latest set of compatibility definitions (whatever that means) so I think they keep updating it. The MS page for it was last revised on Wednesday.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...te-for-windows

DavidY, Mar 17, 2017
  13. mart1981 Win User

They are both running. I'll give it a day or two and see what materializes. Don't understand though why the latest 4013429 *.msu file from the catalog refused to install and gave out that erroneous message. So go figure time here for me.

Don't really want to go red button nuclear on this and reinstall Win10 from scratch plus all the other programs especially as it's running fine without this patch. So probably just me wanting to keep up.

If I come across the relevant *.cab file then subject to source reliability I'll post the location link here as there may be others with the same problem.

mart1981, Mar 17, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    There are six versions of KB4013429 in the catalog, are you sure you downloaded the one appropriate for your system? The one that's just called 'Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB4013429)' is the x86 version, that error message may not be erroneous after all.
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....aspx?q=4013429

15. mart1981 Win User
    Downloaded the 4th one on the list for x64 systems - the cumulative update then after that failed the 1st one which is the delta for x64 bit systems.

As posted earlier, the kb3216755 msu file installed fine and upgraded the system to build 14393.726

mart1981, Mar 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Updates stopped on PC - is it important? - Similar Threads - Updates stopped important

2. PC Manager Problem Important

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Manager Problem Important: Hello, before writing i would say that my english is not good, that is why there would be writing issues I have use PC Manager programme for deleting my junk files and getting my pc better but when i open it again, i says contact to microsoftIs there anyone can say me what is...
  3. Can't stop important updates on Windows 7 ultimate SP1 ,maybe be infinte updates!

Can't stop important updates on Windows 7 ultimate SP1 ,maybe be infinte updates!: Hi Im not trying to disrespect you.My PC are just keep upgrading every time i shut down my PC after Windows 7 windows server 2008 R2 update 2016 install. Its just keep gets 20-150 updates every time i shut down or restart. Automatic updates off dosent help. I want to stop...
  4. Can not stop important updates on Windows 7 ultimate SP1

Can not stop important updates on Windows 7 ultimate SP1: HiMy PC are just keep upgrading every time i shut down my PC after Windows 7 windows server 2008 R2 update 2016 install. Its just keep gets 20-150 updates every time i shut down or restart. Automatic updates off dosent help. I want to stop getting updates every time!!Its so...
  5. Important updates missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Important updates missing?: [ATTACH] I've got updates enabled, but getting this message. https://preview.redd.it/2pv8tqxy6zy61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=e93f5f743bfee0c5ccb29700be88e47db6674366 submitted by /u/Sven_of_the_Dog [link] [comments]...
  6. "Your version of windows 10 will stop receiving important quality updates soon." Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your version of windows 10 will stop receiving important quality updates soon." Update: it says this for my pc maybe 4 or 5 months ago i bought a brand new rig.. now it says this? did i install a virus on my windows? has my pc already gone old and obsolete? i dont understand this... do i have to pay for this? please help submitted by /u/Academic_Complaint67...
  7. Importance of Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Importance of Updates?: Updates are obviously necessary to maintain a healthy computer. I know this, because Microsoft says so. If they're so important why would one wish to, or feel it necessary to, uninstall one of them? I don't have any idea what 99% of them are anyway. What advantage could...
  8. When will a PC stop updating?

When will a PC stop updating?: Hey guys I had a question. So after about 5 years a MacBook will stop updating to newer iOS software releases. At what point or age will a PC be unable to update to newer versions of Windows?...
  9. latest important update

latest important update: trying to find the latest update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-important-update/9717b393-2d2f-49e9-b4e3-5d2827e961b3
  10. Is Window 10 Updates is important for our pc

Is Window 10 Updates is important for our pc: my pc gets slow after installing window 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-window-10-updates-is-important-for-our-pc/ea9e6bf5-9887-4945-95c5-8c4621cb608d