Windows 10: Updates stopped working

Discus and support Updates stopped working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I have an OMEN HP laptop with windows 10 home. It is still on warranty. 3 days ago my pc began to restart each time it went to sleep and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamZog1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. SamZog1 Win User

Updates stopped working

Greetings, I have an OMEN HP laptop with windows 10 home. It is still on warranty.

3 days ago my pc began to restart each time it went to sleep and was giving me an error that the battery installed was not an HP-Battery. I never changed the battery nor did I ever open my laptop. Seemed weird, so I started to search for this problem online, the only advice I got was that I needed to update the BIOS, so I did!

This solved the problem with the battery error, but it also created a host of other problems, now my windows update won't work error 0x80080005. I tried resetting/restoring my laptop, also doesnt work, these actions run into errors and cannot be completed. My pre-installed McAfee product also stopped working after the update! When I press the McAfee app in the start menu it just says that this shortcut is no longer functional as if the McAfee product was deleted. All apps in the icon tray also disappeared for some reason???

When running windows update troubleshooter, it gets stuck on "checking for pending restart". I have tried every possible solution I could find online with no results. This is getting frustrating!

:)

SamZog1, Apr 6, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 6, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Updates stopped working :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Updates stopped working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Updates stopped working

1. Updates stopped working - Similar Threads - Updates stopped working

2. Updates completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates completely stopped working.: After AI installed on my computer Updates completely stopped working. Cannot get History. Troubleshooter cannot find the issue.* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-completely-stopped-working/8874ea56-49f9-42e0-be4e-c2004cfcac01
  3. Updates completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates completely stopped working.: After AI installed on my computer Updates completely stopped working. Cannot get History. Troubleshooter cannot find the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-completely-stopped-working/8874ea56-49f9-42e0-be4e-c2004cfcac01
  4. Updates completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates completely stopped working.: After AI installed on my computer Updates completely stopped working. Cannot get History. Troubleshooter cannot find the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-completely-stopped-working/8874ea56-49f9-42e0-be4e-c2004cfcac01
  5. Updates completely stopped working.

6. USBIE Update stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USBIE Update stops working: For the last two days System Reliability shows 'USBIE Update stopped working' eight times in succession. Does anyone know what this update is or how to avoid it ? Description Faulting Application Path: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\invD896_tmp\Executables\UsbUpdate.exe Problem signature...
  7. USBIE Update stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USBIE Update stops working: For the last two days System Reliability shows 'USBIE Update stopped working' eight times in succession. Does anyone know what this update is or how to avoid it ? Description Faulting Application Path: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\invD896_tmp\Executables\UsbUpdate.exe Problem signature...
  8. USBIE Update stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. WINDOWS UPDATE STOPS WORKING

WINDOWS UPDATE STOPS WORKING: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070057.I installed Kaspersky and it reported 2 dll as Trojan, winscomrssrv.dll,...
  10. W10 update stopped working

W10 update stopped working: As per problem prev mentioned in community , 18/1/20, answered by Gary. closed thread. The DISM commands run as administrator suggested dont appear to work. tried the have run chkdsk/f and am getting " getting windows ready" blue screen for a LONG time ! have tried cold...