Windows 10: updates that are installed only show KB number in the update history

Discus and support updates that are installed only show KB number in the update history in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi Microsoft, When I went to the update catalog to download and install updates ending with the .msu, then I went to the Windows update history under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulPChou, May 23, 2019.

1. PaulPChou Win User

updates that are installed only show KB number in the update history

hi Microsoft,

When I went to the update catalog to download and install updates ending with the .msu, then I went to the Windows update history under settings to find out that the updates installed only show the KB numbers. Is there a way or possible to show not only the KB numbers but the names of the updates like other updates do when downloaded and installed via the Windows update? I could send a feedback for it.

:)

PaulPChou, May 23, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

No update history

It will, a Features Update clears all the history - it's no longer relevant as it applied to the previous version.

Some previous cumulative updates have been known to clear the history too. You can however check on which updates are installed in several other ways.

In Settings, on the 'View installed update history' page click 'uninstall updates'. There you will find a list of installed Windows updates and their KB numbers.

In a command prompt type systeminfo, the updates are listed as 'Hotfix(s)' by KB number.

3. Downloading the most recent KB

I am doing this because I am still trying to find why my last Windows Updates are failing, and because I am not ready for an In-Place Upgrade.

I am referring to the instructions given on this MS page:

support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

It says:

• Go to the Update history page.
    • Find the most recent update KB for the version of Windows 10 you have – it’s usually at the top of the list – and either write the KB number down or copy it
    • Go to the Microsoft Update site and search for the KB number.
    Under View Update history in Settings, I see only the latest attempts to install the 2018 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 V1803 for (KB4462919) and the failed Security Update (KB4462919).

That means I see two KB numbers. In the instructions under 3, which KB number are they talking about? Are they even talking about any one of the two listed KB numbers in Update History (failed updates), or are they talking about the KB number(s) of the last successful update. If the latter, I don't have them, because I cleared the Update History in Settings.

battlezone, May 23, 2019
  4. tooney(2) Win User

Update in Installed Update History, but not in Installed Updates

To see whether your system has the changes included in that update or not, enter the word winver in windows 10 search box. Then run winver command.

Look at the OS build number that winver shows your computer is running.

If that OS Build number is 16299.248 or larger, then the changes included in KB4074588 are installed on your computer.

See the Windows 10 update history list

Windows updates are cumulative, so if a later KB was installed (OS build number is greater than 16299.248), then your system has everything included in KB4074588.

I am not sure what is causing your mouse problems, but my guess is that uninstalling updates is not the right way to go.

tooney(2), May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. updates that are installed only show KB number in the update history - Similar Threads - updates are installed

2. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB update not installing: I have KB not installing in my Windows 10. There are many of them I dont know how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update-not-installing/0ccb047a-d5d9-4d2d-b0bf-87fe6bcbb687
  3. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB update not installing: I have KB not installing in my Windows 10. There are many of them I dont know how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update-not-installing/0ccb047a-d5d9-4d2d-b0bf-87fe6bcbb687
  4. KB update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installed windows updates through Powershell was not showing in updates history

Installed windows updates through Powershell was not showing in updates history: I installed Powershell windows update module then download and install pending windows updates using Powershell.All went well with no errors. Verified windows updates was installed in Powershell using this command "Get-WUHistory".However, these newly installed updates was not...
  6. KB 4023057 and KB 4480730 Updates Showing in Control Panel

KB 4023057 and KB 4480730 Updates Showing in Control Panel: I have Update for Windows 10 KB 4023057installed in 2019 and no update available till now and KB 4480730 installed in 2019 and no update available till now and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable updated in 2020, right now i am using Windows 10, 2004. my question is that do...
  7. December update not showing in Update History

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    December update not showing in Update History: Win 10 Home v20H2, build 19042.685 I update my PC every month and I know I did it on 8th December 2020 but it is not showing in Update History. I do not remember seeing any 'Failed' or other error messages. The last update showing is KB4586781 on 11th November 2020 and, if I...
  8. Finding appropriate KB# for failed update that showed in Update History for just seconds...

Finding appropriate KB# for failed update that showed in Update History for just seconds...: I had a Windows 10 v2004 Cumulative Update 10/13/20 download with several other Updates. The other Updates worked, but this Update said it failed and I went to the Update History, and saw the 'unsuccessful' message, but before I could write down the KB number, the Update...
  9. Build update 2004 KB number?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build update 2004 KB number?: Does anyone know it? I am looking in Windows updates and don't see it while it's installing. It just says feature update 2004. Is there even one? Thanks! submitted by /u/gbubrodieman [link] [comments]...
  10. KB update

KB update: Hello --- if MS fixed/updates a patch (KB entry) will the date for the entry in the patch catalog for the patch get updated to reflect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update/878c9bbd-2d03-47a4-9824-d64d4b7e0fc8