Windows 10: Updates that delete your profile...

Discus and support Updates that delete your profile... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There have been a couple of Windows 10 updates that have resulted in the profile being deleted. Does it only cause issues with the profile that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherPovey, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Updates that delete your profile...

There have been a couple of Windows 10 updates that have resulted in the profile being deleted.

Does it only cause issues with the profile that installs the update or all profiles on the PC?

Could you create a temporary user just for installing updates? If the worse happens and it gets wiped then you lose nothing.

:)

ChristopherPovey, Mar 11, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Mar 11, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Updates that delete your profile... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Updates that delete your profile...

Deleting old MS account profile photos

Hello Paul,

Are you referring to the local account profile picture? If you are, there's no automatic method of deleting profile picture. However, you can still remove unwanted profile pictures through
    Windows Explorer. Follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button.
    • Copy and paste the path below and then press Enter.
      • %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • Delete the unwanted profile picture.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Updates that delete your profile...

1. Updates that delete your profile... - Similar Threads - Updates delete profile

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  4. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  5. windows update deleted my profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows update deleted my profile: After an windows 10 update, my profile was deleted missing desktop, document, I tried the 4 restart, I check for recent update and cannot find one, the update happen this morning. No temp prof;le pr .000 profile windows 10 version 2004 any help in recovering files will help,...
  6. UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE: I'm not sure if it even was an update to be honest. I opened up my laptop to find a notification to restart, which I did, and then told me to log into my normal user profile. When I did, everything was wiped off of that account. And when I went onto the Windows C drive...
  7. Windows Update Deleted My Main Profile.

Windows Update Deleted My Main Profile.: Hey guys. Any type of help would be appreciated. I really hope there is something I can do. So lately, my laptop has been getting a lot of blue screens, so I thought there might be some issues with my drivers. I also decided to update to the latest Windows 10 Version 2004. My...
  8. Is there anyway to delete your Skype profile without deleting your Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to delete your Skype profile without deleting your Microsoft Account?: I've been deleting social media accounts and since I don't use Skype anymore (use discord like most people), I have been trying to delete my profile but to no avail. Apparently the only way to delete my Skype account is to fully delete my Microsoft account? I don't want to...
  9. Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on 7-7-2019 and I was required to do the update with a full erase of my files and settings. Luckily i backed up all of my files ahead of time with the notification that the update would be doing this. The problem arose when I...
  10. Update deleted my profile

Update deleted my profile: Windows updated and deleted my profile. I have tried everything to stop it from automatically updating but nothing has worked. I can't seem to find any of my documents and I would really like to know if I can restore my profile somehow. I hate windows 10!...