Windows 10: Updates that ruined my laptop

Discus and support Updates that ruined my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by princevenzon, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Updates that ruined my laptop

Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell?

How can I fix this?

:)

princevenzon, Jul 21, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jul 21, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Updates that ruined my laptop

Automatic driver update ruined my laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to Rollback to the previous update using the Device Manager

Follow the steps to update the Graphics Card drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.
    • Expand Display Adapter
    • Double-click on the Graphics card.
    • In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on
      Roll Back Driver.
    This driver update might show up again in the Windows Update. Therefore, you can prevent it from installing by following the steps mentioned in the below article:

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Updates that ruined my laptop

1. Updates that ruined my laptop - Similar Threads - Updates ruined laptop

2. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  3. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  4. 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop: The recent Windows 10 2004 feature update I installed in June 2020 has wrecked my Lenovo laptop. I'm constantly getting blue screens of death, thus making the system inoperable. Apparently this is a common issue. I have lots of programs that I don't want to reinstall, so I...
  5. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  6. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop: Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use" The hard drive pegs at 100% for 20-30 minutes after a reboot, which is why it's not ready to use. After coming out of Sleep the...
  7. Update ruined my computer

Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  8. update 1909 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    update 1909 has ruined my laptop: My computer was working just fine before this week's Windows 10 update. Now, almost nothing works and everything is painfully slow. All programs, but especially all browsers and internet connections. Is there some setting or security feature that came with this update that...
  9. Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop

Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop: Hello, most recent update for Windows 10 ruined my touchpad. Every time i try to track, it also clicks causing everything to do a click+drag command. It was right after the update, it is not a hardware issue. Plugging in a mouse does not cause this issue. I tried: 1....
  10. Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop: Dear Microsoft, I wanted to write a complaint email, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, I'll simply write it here. For as long as I've had pc's/laptops, I've always used windows and been pleased with that. However, your windows 10 is ruining my laptop;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update has ruined my keyboard