Windows 10: Updates: The screen is green and says preparing to configure windows dont turn off your computer

Discus and support Updates: The screen is green and says preparing to configure windows dont turn off your computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since initiating the update and restart on my computer The screen is green and says preparing to configure windows dont turn off your computer This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RodSkelton, May 30, 2020.

1. Updates: The screen is green and says preparing to configure windows dont turn off your computer

Since initiating the update and restart on my computer

The screen is green and says preparing to configure windows dont turn off your computer

This has been like this since Thursday any advice how to resolve this issue please

:)

RodSkelton, May 30, 2020
  2. CliveRW Win User

My Computer is stuck on a green screen with "Preparing to Configure Windows"

MY Computer is stuck on a green screen with message - Preparing to Configure Windows... Do Not Turn Off Computer - even after powering off and on the same screen appears. No keyboard keys have any effect. Has been like this for over 8 hours

CliveRW, May 30, 2020
  3. oemSoft Win User
    Preparing to configure Windows. / Do not turn off your computer.

After updating window with following patches, it shows following message after restart.

Preparing to configure Windows. / Do not turn off your computer.

Installed patches number :

KB4489878

KB4474419

I have installed one patch as a time to check window, but message still shows after patches are installed over 30 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, May 30, 2020
  4. mmarsh27 Win User

Updates: The screen is green and says preparing to configure windows dont turn off your computer

got.message saying i have not.gotten 10 yet but computer says " preparing to configure windows."

Computer has been stuck on blue screen saying preparing to configure windows for over 8 hours. I come to this page and find a message saying windows 10 has not been delivered to my computer yet. The blue screen also says do not turn off my computer but
    8 hours with nothing happening is too long. What can I do?

mmarsh27, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Updates: The screen is green and says preparing to configure windows dont turn off your computer

1. Updates: The screen is green and says preparing to configure windows dont turn off your computer - Similar Threads - Updates screen green

2. Does the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer" require an internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer" require an internet...: Question is above. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-preparing-to-configure-windows-dont-turn/b2d4e18b-6c16-4794-9c05-a861eed3aa4e
  3. Does the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer" require an internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer" require an internet...: Question is above. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-preparing-to-configure-windows-dont-turn/b2d4e18b-6c16-4794-9c05-a861eed3aa4e
  4. Does the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer" require an internet...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Preparing Windows, Do not turn off your computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Windows, Do not turn off your computer.: This message is very annoying, especially when I am trying to shut down my laptop before going to sleep in real life, not my laptop at about 1AM, I have to wait a lot, even though I have a very fast and powerful SSD in my laptop, along with CPU, RAM and GPU. GPU obviously...
  6. Preparing Windows, Do not turn off your computer.

Preparing Windows, Do not turn off your computer.: This message is very annoying, especially when I am trying to shut down my laptop before going to sleep in real life, not my laptop at about 1AM, I have to wait a lot, even though I have a very fast and powerful SSD in my laptop, along with CPU, RAM and GPU. GPU obviously...
  7. "preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer" Windows 10, this has to be...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer" Windows 10, this has to be...: "preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer" Windows 10, this has to be the worst OS! Everday I get this message, it takes about 10mins to shut and about the same to start up! WHY? No need of it so how can this be stopped? It also removes all the shortcuts...
  8. "preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer" Windows 10, this has to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer" Windows 10, this has to be...: "preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer" Windows 10, this has to be the worst OS! Everday I get this message, it takes about 10mins to shut and about the same to start up! WHY? No need of it so how can this be stopped? Italso removes all the shortcuts in...
  9. "preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer" Windows 10, this has to be...

"preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer" Windows 10, this has to be...: "preparing to configure windows do not turn off your computer" Windows 10, this has to be the worst OS! Everday I get this message, it takes about 10mins to shut and about the same to start up! WHY? No need of it so how can this be stopped? Italso removes all the shortcuts in...
  10. “Preparing to configure Windows/Don’t turn off your computer” stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “Preparing to configure Windows/Don’t turn off your computer” stuck: Hi, I’m using Surface Pro X. When I shut down my computer yesterday, it’s stuck with “preparing to configure Windows / Don’t turn off your computer” screen. I did not install or configure anything before this error happened. I was working on MS Excel and MS Word as usual....