Windows 10: Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

Discus and support Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows, iOS, Android, Web Is that a statement or a question? Are you saying Groove is available on anything? Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 6, 2015.

  1. Trust_No1 Win User

    Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10


    Is that a statement or a question? Are you saying Groove is available on anything?
     
    Trust_No1, Jul 6, 2015
    #16

  2. Yes, the same as xbox music
     
    paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
    #17
  3. This might explain why they went with Groove over just Music. They'll want to unify the name across all platforms. Groove stands out and probably isn't used by other developers. I suspect we'll get updates to the iOS and Android apps to change names at the very least. Hopefully bug fixes and new features will be added also.
     
    thunderclap, Jul 6, 2015
    #18
  4. Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

    be nice to see more people take this up

    always good to have competition, IMO, more choice of what service to go for
     
    paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
    #19
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    OK not being an XBox person, I didn't know. I will check that out, I doubt I use it, unless purchase prices are better.

    Oh and I stand corrected, I said Google Play allowed you to upload 20,000 songs, that is wrong, it is now 50,000 songs of free storage. I can't imagine having that large of a collection.
     
    Trust_No1, Jul 6, 2015
    #20
  6. That's why they are rebranding, people think you need an xbox to use it

    you can easily get 30GB of storage for free to use with your music with MS, so not sure how many songs that is
     
    paulsalter, Jul 6, 2015
    #21
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    Depends on record quality I would think. I have 11,000 songs using 256kbps quality and it is like 56GB so i would say at 128kbps (what they deem CD quality) it would roughly be 10,000 songs.
     
    Trust_No1, Jul 7, 2015
    #22
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

    Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

    . . .iTunes forever. . .*Smile
     
  9. linw Win User
    11,000 songs - wow. It would only take 23 days at 24 hrs per day to listen to them!
     
  10. Trust_No1 Win User
    I feel like a little leaguer compared to some peoples collections. Actually I owned a club and dance bar during the late 90's, that is the reason for the amount. Left overs *Smile
     
    Trust_No1, Jul 7, 2015
    #25
  11. EMINENT Win User
    I have amassed a measly total of over 500 gb of free Onedrive. From a combo of 200gb free with my Surface 2 purchase promo, 100gb free when they gave that out with the rebrand from Skydrive and another 100 I gave myself from just using Bing and getting rewards points.

    I haven't spent a penny and my whole collection is up there to listen to whenever and on whatever I want, not to mention I took advantage of the Xbox Music pass deal for $38/yr. Can't beat that! The choice is clear for me.
     
    EMINENT, Jul 7, 2015
    #26
  12. I prefer my music collection on my M(usic) and N(ew Music) drives on 2 of my PC's. Mostly FLAC and 320K Mp3. 695GB over 67,000 files. I have this collection backed up to about 5 computers, an external hard drive, the original cd's and DVD's. My music is always available on my own storage cloud. I use Winamp to play the music. Just hit play folder and away we go. Probably still be playing My Music on Windows 7 Ultimate as Windows 10 is just too much in your face sell me stuff. Why on earth would you want to pay to stream music when you can listen to your own collection or even listen to free online radio stations? I guess I am just set in my ways.
     
    Indianatone, Jul 8, 2015
    #27
  13. Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

    You're not the only one. *Smile

    I currently have >10,000 mp3 on my PC (~71 GB).
     
    lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
    #28
Thema:

Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10

Loading...
  1. Updates to Entertainment in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Updates Entertainment

  2. Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 2026 Update, also known as Windows 11 version 26H2, as announced on September 29 in a Windows Experience Blog post by John Cable, Vice President of Product Management for Windows Servicing and Delivery. The update is available now for...
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  4. Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019: Microsoft has paused the rollout of KB5002907, an optional update for out-of-date Microsoft 365 Apps installations, after reports that it deactivated or, in some cases, completely removed perpetual Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2019 installations on Windows PCs. The...
  5. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  6. Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections: Microsoft has confirmed that the security updates for Windows 11 which are scheduled for September 2026 may cause Always On VPN connections to fail, leaving the affected devices unable to access corporate networks. The company mentioned the issue in a Windows release health...
  7. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures: To deal with the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) failures caused by the September 2026 security updates, as well as with Hyper-V and USB audio problems on certain versions of Windows, Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band Windows updates. The September 2026 security...
  8. September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025

    in Windows 10 News
    September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025: Windows administrators have reported that the September 2026 cumulative updates are leading to failures of Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on Windows Server 2019, 2022, and 2025, which stops users from being able to connect and, in a number of instances, necessitates a hard...
  9. Grey screen after Update in Windows 11 [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    Grey screen after Update in Windows 11 [Fix]: [ATTACH]Microsoft regularly provides updates for Windows 11. These updates bring significant performance improvements, fix bugs, and introduce new features. It is okay to see some errors and issues while and after installing Windows updates, as they can be easily fixed. Some...
  10. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 KB5121003 Update Is Crashing Games and Rebooting PCs

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 KB5121003 Update Is Crashing Games and Rebooting PCs: Microsoft has acknowledged that its latest Patch Tuesday update for Windows 11 is causing games to crash on some systems. The KB5121003 update, released on August 11 for builds 26200.9168 and 26100.9168, introduces a bug that leads to game crashes with an...