Windows 10: Updates to MS apps

Discus and support Updates to MS apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Various updates to native apps available today including mail & calendar, news, money, weather. All run manually from store. All went in first time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Updates to MS apps

Various updates to native apps available today including mail & calendar, news, money, weather. All run manually from store. All went in first time and verified as still working across all user accounts. Recommend if you run multiple user accounts that you take a restore point prior to running these in case you need to rollback should any of these apps corrupt.

:)

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016
  2. LivingR8m Win User

Xbox One controller bios failed to update, now not recognized by Xbox accessory app

I purchased an xbox one controller after to use with my Windows 10 anniversary addition computer. After a few months games started stuttering (a MS update appeared to be the issue.) I was told to update the controller using the MS official Xbox Accessory
    app. During the update process the app crashed and my controller failed to update. Now when I try and update the controller the Xbox acessory app doesnt recognize the controller. (Which means I can't update the contoller now.)

So to be clear, a standard MS Xbox One controller needs to have the firmware updated to work with MS windows 10. But if the process fails to update the controller using xbox acessory app, it corrupts the controller bios and the MS Xbox Acessory app cant
    recognize the controller to update it.

And according to MS support there is no way to revert the controller back to the original bios.

Someone please help me get my Microsoft hardware to work with Microsoft software.

LivingR8m, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Software update issues

I can't comment on the availability of MS Apps or the Social update for the USA but I can tell you that the E6-00 won't be getting the FP1 update.

It's probably going to be a case of playing the waiting game for the MS Apps and Social updates.

Ray.

Ray Hipkiss, Mar 4, 2016
  4. Updates to MS apps

Only one so far Mail and Calendar so far as that is the main ones I use,
    Weather went in yesterday

hTconeM9user, Mar 4, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Don, what is the version # for your Weather app?? I am just checking to see if mine is up to date. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  6. Sorry I never checked all I do is check once a day to see if any thing needs downloading and updating and just install it.
    If I does not show then I know it must e the latest version
    I have mine set for my location now sat up in my taskbar next to the clock so I can see that later today where I live it is going to rain

7. OldMike65 Win User
    All you need to do is click on the gear icon on your weather app, then click on About, to find the version #

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  8. Updates to MS apps

version 4.8. 277.0 Also Thank you as I never ever look to see what version as when it comes up to update I just do it
    Also it is spot on has it is now raining here with snow and hail to come later

9. OldMike65 Win User
    Thanks Don, just wanted to check to see if mine was the latest release. I never see it update much anymore. lol But mine is the same version as yours. Store must update, when I am not looking. lol *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  10. Glad all ok one of the many apps I rely on.
    Mail and Calendar, and Maps being the other ones

11. How do you get the weather app to show in your taskbar? That sounds useful. I always preferred the windows 7 gadgets where I had useful things like weather and cpu meter on my desktop for easy reference. I don't like Windows 10 squashing that. I do use 8gadget pack to restore some functions as I find having to click the start menu for a weather glance annoying

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Right click on it, choose OTHER than select task bar. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  13. Updates to MS apps

So it's like 'pin to taskbar'? And by doing that it gives proper visual indicator of the weather ?

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    think about that......lol no ....you would have to click on it.....lol

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  15. Thanks, I am being dense probably but I don't get it. If I right click the weather tile I don't get a choice to select 'other'

Am probably approaching this completely wrong about the steps to getting the MS weather app to show itself in taskbar/or notification area in bottom right. Where do I need to right click?

Cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Updates to MS apps

1. Updates to MS apps - Similar Threads - Updates apps

2. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....
  3. Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not getting updated properly in Microsoft Store.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend,I am using the Latest Microsoft Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS on My Laptop. When I try to update Apps via Microsoft Store by clicking on "Update all" it starts Downloading, but Downloading Circle Roams. But actually it dosen't gets Downloaded....
  4. Removing older app updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing older app updates: Windows used to remove older app updates from the Store Library only about the last 2 weeks where shown, I have updates going back to June 15/23. Did something change and how can I remove the older ones... I have the filter set to show installed products only... if I uncheck...
  5. Removing older app updates

Removing older app updates: Windows used to remove older app updates from the Store Library only about the last 2 weeks where shown, I have updates going back to June 15/23. Did something change and how can I remove the older ones... I have the filter set to show installed products only... if I uncheck...
  6. XBOX APP will not load or update on my PC WIN 11 Pro/64 what can I try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX APP will not load or update on my PC WIN 11 Pro/64 what can I try: I have repaired store and deleted and re installed XBOX app.. no help, error code 0x80070426 latest ver. of OS runningI own games now that I cannot install due to this malfunction. any and all help is appreciated....
  7. XBOX APP will not load or update on my PC WIN 11 Pro/64 what can I try

XBOX APP will not load or update on my PC WIN 11 Pro/64 what can I try: I have repaired store and deleted and re installed XBOX app.. no help, error code 0x80070426 latest ver. of OS runningI own games now that I cannot install due to this malfunction. any and all help is appreciated....
  8. WHY MUST I UPDATE MY XBOX APP ON PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY MUST I UPDATE MY XBOX APP ON PC?: WIN11,23H2; I have my xbox but some games like MSFS addons must be runned on pc, so i installed xbox app, before 2023 maybe, i can sign onto app but someday i must update it from **** store, each time i wait for downloading, each time explore crashes not just once. When i put...
  9. WHY MUST I UPDATE MY XBOX APP ON PC?

WHY MUST I UPDATE MY XBOX APP ON PC?: WIN11,23H2; I have my xbox but some games like MSFS addons must be runned on pc, so i installed xbox app, before 2023 maybe, i can sign onto app but someday i must update it from **** store, each time i wait for downloading, each time explore crashes not just once. When i put...
  10. Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?: I would like to see the date and revision of an App in the Microsoft Store before I decide to install that application not the revision of applications that are already installed on my PC. I would have assumed that such critical information should be available in the...