Windows 10: Updates to MS apps

Discus and support Updates to MS apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Various updates to native apps available today including mail & calendar, news, money, weather. All run manually from store. All went in first time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Updates to MS apps

Various updates to native apps available today including mail & calendar, news, money, weather. All run manually from store. All went in first time and verified as still working across all user accounts. Recommend if you run multiple user accounts that you take a restore point prior to running these in case you need to rollback should any of these apps corrupt.

:)

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016
  2. LivingR8m Win User

Xbox One controller bios failed to update, now not recognized by Xbox accessory app

I purchased an xbox one controller after to use with my Windows 10 anniversary addition computer. After a few months games started stuttering (a MS update appeared to be the issue.) I was told to update the controller using the MS official Xbox Accessory
    app. During the update process the app crashed and my controller failed to update. Now when I try and update the controller the Xbox acessory app doesnt recognize the controller. (Which means I can't update the contoller now.)

So to be clear, a standard MS Xbox One controller needs to have the firmware updated to work with MS windows 10. But if the process fails to update the controller using xbox acessory app, it corrupts the controller bios and the MS Xbox Acessory app cant
    recognize the controller to update it.

And according to MS support there is no way to revert the controller back to the original bios.

Someone please help me get my Microsoft hardware to work with Microsoft software.

LivingR8m, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Software update issues

I can't comment on the availability of MS Apps or the Social update for the USA but I can tell you that the E6-00 won't be getting the FP1 update.

It's probably going to be a case of playing the waiting game for the MS Apps and Social updates.

Ray.

Ray Hipkiss, Mar 4, 2016
  4. Updates to MS apps

Only one so far Mail and Calendar so far as that is the main ones I use,
    Weather went in yesterday

hTconeM9user, Mar 4, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Don, what is the version # for your Weather app?? I am just checking to see if mine is up to date. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  6. Sorry I never checked all I do is check once a day to see if any thing needs downloading and updating and just install it.
    If I does not show then I know it must e the latest version
    I have mine set for my location now sat up in my taskbar next to the clock so I can see that later today where I live it is going to rain

7. OldMike65 Win User
    All you need to do is click on the gear icon on your weather app, then click on About, to find the version #

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  8. Updates to MS apps

version 4.8. 277.0 Also Thank you as I never ever look to see what version as when it comes up to update I just do it
    Also it is spot on has it is now raining here with snow and hail to come later

9. OldMike65 Win User
    Thanks Don, just wanted to check to see if mine was the latest release. I never see it update much anymore. lol But mine is the same version as yours. Store must update, when I am not looking. lol *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  10. Glad all ok one of the many apps I rely on.
    Mail and Calendar, and Maps being the other ones

11. How do you get the weather app to show in your taskbar? That sounds useful. I always preferred the windows 7 gadgets where I had useful things like weather and cpu meter on my desktop for easy reference. I don't like Windows 10 squashing that. I do use 8gadget pack to restore some functions as I find having to click the start menu for a weather glance annoying

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Right click on it, choose OTHER than select task bar. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  13. Updates to MS apps

So it's like 'pin to taskbar'? And by doing that it gives proper visual indicator of the weather ?

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    think about that......lol no ....you would have to click on it.....lol

OldMike65, Mar 4, 2016
  15. Thanks, I am being dense probably but I don't get it. If I right click the weather tile I don't get a choice to select 'other'

Am probably approaching this completely wrong about the steps to getting the MS weather app to show itself in taskbar/or notification area in bottom right. Where do I need to right click?

Cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Updates to MS apps

1. Updates to MS apps - Similar Threads - Updates apps

2. Camera app stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app stopped working after update: I have an issue with my camera app. After Windows update, it stopped working. I get an error code 0xA00F4243. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working-after-update/f198cad5-2f23-4451-947c-1b383da46967
  3. Problem in updating Apps in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem in updating Apps in Microsoft Store: Hi, I wanted to report a problem regarding the apps update in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 build 2004. Whenever I tried to update the apps in Microsoft Store[ATTACH] First this window comes and then this comes: [ATTACH] And when I click on See Details then this windows...
  4. Microsoft Store apps missing after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps missing after updating to 20H2: Hello, I recently updated to 20H2, and after updating I noticed the icons for the MS Store app shortcuts I had were missing. So, I tried to repair the app. Icon still missing. Tried to reset the app, and still nothing. But what I noticed was after I reset the app, it is...
  5. How to update Your Phone app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to update Your Phone app?: I have Your Phone installed and have had problems updating messages. It doesn't refresh automatically on start, and when I hit refresh it sits there indefinitely trying to do so. If I shut it down and restart this usually fixes the problem, but I shouldn't have to do that....
  6. New Microsoft Teams app update released for Android and iOS - Oct. 21

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Teams app update released for Android and iOS - Oct. 21: Microsoft Teams is your hub for teamwork in Office 365. All your team conversations, files, meetings, and apps live together in a single shared workspace, and you can take it with you on your favorite mobile device. Whether you’re sprinting towards a deadline or sharing...
  7. Latest insider dev update introduces theme-aware splash screens for some apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest insider dev update introduces theme-aware splash screens for some apps: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Saikat0511 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfj99v/latest_insider_dev_update_introduces_themeaware/
  8. Can't update Windows and install or update apps in Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Windows and install or update apps in Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80070424: Hello everyone I can't update my Windows and install or update apps in Microsoft Store. I run the troubleshooter but it didn't work. I searched in Youtube and tried all solutions but my windows still has problems. This is the error of windows update: Your device is missing...
  9. Looking for help with Windows 10 info not updating and apps soft locking.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for help with Windows 10 info not updating and apps soft locking.: Hello. First off, sorry if this isn't the right place but I've no idea where I should be looking as I've never had an issue like this before. Secondly, I'm not even sure where I need to start troubleshooting. So many weird and wonderful things have gone wrong which are...
  10. So many core apps like settings and such dont work and I can't update!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So many core apps like settings and such dont work and I can't update!!: Ok so the problem is that I cant use certain apps on my taskbar and i cant use certain programs ie wont open or do anything things that dont work: Cant open settings cant use pictures cant open Microsoft store and sea of thieves cant use the searchbar that's on the...