Windows 10: updates to pc failed multiple times

Discus and support updates to pc failed multiple times in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i think its because i chose to have notifications off...? but anyways, i see recent updates list show multiple updates for various programs that failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pathfinder, May 27, 2017.

1. updates to pc failed multiple times

i think its because i chose to have notifications off...? but anyways, i see recent updates list show multiple updates for various programs that failed to update. an hour ago, i tried running "windows10upgrade.exe" and it too failed. i see there are updates that look like they are downloading, but are just stuck there. and whenever i log off pc and shut down for the night, sometimes i get a brief notice, "installing updates" -dont turn off your pc..but too late after i click to shutdown. very odd. and the updated list shows only updates made in march of this year only. any hints?*Shock

updates to pc failed multiple times [​IMG]

updates to pc failed multiple times [​IMG]

:)

Pathfinder, May 27, 2017
  2. AlinNYC Win User

Updates Failed Multiple times

Multiple Failed Updates Win 10- Can Email Support

AlinNYC, May 27, 2017
  3. Updates Failed Multiple times

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot. To better provide you with a solution, kindly provide the exact error code/message that you receive when KB4025339 and KB890830 fails to install. Also, please do inform of us any changes made to the system prior to the issue.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, May 27, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

updates to pc failed multiple times

Open administrative command prompt and run these commands:

1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) winver

After typing winver view the pop up for the windows version and build.

Copy and paste this into notepad and save as a .txt file. Then rename by changing .txt to .bat
    Then paste the .bat file into administrative command prompt.

Net stop bits
    Net stop wuauserv
    Net stop appidsvc
    Net stop cryptsvc
    Del %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat /Q
    Del "%HOMEDRIVE%\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat" /Q
    Del %WINDIR%\SoftwareDistribution\*.* /s /Q
    Net start bits
    Net start wuauserv
    Net start appidsvc
    Net start cryptsvc

Then attempt to perform windows updates while in clean boot (use msconfig and task manager):
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

Post the results of each:
    scannow (found integrity violations, found no integrity violations, was unable to complete, etc)
    restorehealth (completed successfully or was unable to complete etc)
    chkdsk /scan (right click top of box >edit> select all and copy and paste the results into the forum)
    winver (post windows version and build)
    windows updates (completed successfully, or failed to update KB# with error code #)

zbook, May 28, 2017
Thema:

updates to pc failed multiple times

1. updates to pc failed multiple times - Similar Threads - updates failed multiple

2. Drivers are updated multiple times..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers are updated multiple times..: Hello!I downloaded and installed the latest updates on my Windows 11 laptop. But i couldn't properly install 2 drivers, or thats what i thought. I checked the update history, and these 2 drivers were already updated multiple times, but im still asked to download and install...
  3. Drivers are updated multiple times..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers are updated multiple times..: Hello!I downloaded and installed the latest updates on my Windows 11 laptop. But i couldn't properly install 2 drivers, or thats what i thought. I checked the update history, and these 2 drivers were already updated multiple times, but im still asked to download and install...
  4. Windows Update fails multiple times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update fails multiple times: I have attempted to install updates several times.Update 2021-05 W10V1909x64 based system KB4023057Consistently stops updating at 61%HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS TO GET A PROPERLY UPDATED SYSTEM...
  5. Update Failed 0x800707e7 Multiple times

Update Failed 0x800707e7 Multiple times: Hi,For the past few months I've been trying to update Windows. I have two user profiles in my computer- Administrator which I don't use much and the other PC10 my main user with my data. It installs the update and shows the message to restart the computer to apply the...
  6. 2004 Fails Multiple Times

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 Fails Multiple Times: 2004 has installed fine on all my other computers yet on a two year old laptop it has failed multiple times. Both through MCT and WU. Seems to be at the second boot or whatever, then it rolls back. 159143
  7. Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times

Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times: Hey, so I'm not sure if I am the only one experiencing this particular problem, but this update has popped up, about 5 months ago I think. I'm sure its a big update, because I can still shutdown my laptop, even without going through the whole update if I wanted to. So 5...
  8. Windows Update failed multiple times, getting Error 0x800f0986

Windows Update failed multiple times, getting Error 0x800f0986: I have tried running Windows Update multiple times with no positive results. I keep getting the following message in return. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version Next (10.0.18362.10015) (KB4508451) - Error 0x800f0986 Although I have tried to find this update within...
  9. cannot update multiple times

cannot update multiple times: Whenever I try to download the new windows update it keeps giving this error 0xc0000142. I searched the web but it seems to be an error code that seems completely unrelated to my issue....
  10. Multiple Failed Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Failed Windows Updates: Hello, My Windows repeatedly fails to update and I have the same error code for each attempt. I get the error "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3147458) - Error 0x80073712 I have looked up some solutions for this and I have issues...