Windows 10: Updates to security, compliance & migration for OneDrive & SharePoint

Discus and support Updates to security, compliance & migration for OneDrive & SharePoint in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Tuh6fnMv6CM The collaboration landscape has changed In today’s complex and regulated environment, businesses need to focus on building more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Updates to security, compliance & migration for OneDrive & SharePoint

Source: Security, Compliance, and Administration - Resource Center

:)

Brink, Apr 28, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

SharePoint 2013 and Outlook

Hi Gloria,

We do understand that you want to work on your documents coming from SharePoint to Outlook. However, it is not possible to attach the files by default SharePoint as a copy. A connection is established between Outlook and SharePoint, when
    we attach a file they are attached from a cloud location and that’s why the files are attached as a link rather than a copy.

Here's a workaround, you can first try to sync the SharePoint files on your system
    locally and then browse the local folder to attach them directly as a file. To sync the files to your system, you have to use the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client. You can check this
    article
    for a detailed steps on how to install the sync client and how to sync the SharePoint and OneDrive files.

Regards.

Julie Ram, Apr 28, 2018
  3. Save attachments from email to SharePoint

Is there a way to save an attachment to a SharePoint site in the Office Hub? I only see that I can save to SkyDrive or Phone. For compliance reasons in our company we want people to use the SharePoint Personal Documents folder to save attachments and not
    the SkyDrive. Hopefully I am doing something wrong and this doesn't have to be a feature request.

Thanks!

GreggWestgate, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Updates to security, compliance & migration for OneDrive & SharePoint

1. Updates to security, compliance & migration for OneDrive & SharePoint - Similar Threads - Updates security compliance

2. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues: Good Day to all,I have a brief question regarding a SharePoint Sync to someone's File Explorer via OneDrive.- Long story short, this user had previously set OneDrive to download a local copy of a 200+GB larger SharePoint site, why I have no idea.- OneDrive seen this new...
  3. Migrate NTFS Permissions On SharePoint Onlinw

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Migrate NTFS Permissions On SharePoint Onlinw: HellO! I have a shared drive and would like to copy the files and folders in that share to sharepoint and would like to keep the permissions of that folders eg groups that have access etc. First of all is this possible? If so how? If not then why not. 154676
  4. security and compliance center quarantine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security and compliance center quarantine: What happened to the security and compliance center quarantine. I no longer can find my quarantined e-mails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-and-compliance-center-quarantine/2aa2c9ad-38c5-4e0d-b3ea-750302c127d9
  5. Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync: Hi In trying to figure out a way to not sync my files in onedrive and sharepoint but still have access to the data stored their via the links in FileManager. We came across Files on-demand on my co-workers computer which works for him but I can't see that setting in my...
  6. GDPR Compliancy with OneDrive and SharePoint

in Windows 10 News
    GDPR Compliancy with OneDrive and SharePoint: Microsoft is committed to helping our business customers comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Last month, and how we help businesses around the world, not just in Europe, take control, manage compliance, and avoid risk. Today we wanted to share how the...
  7. October Office 365 security and compliance update

in Windows 10 News
    October Office 365 security and compliance update: Over the last month, the Office 365 team has continued to introduce new security features and capabilities. Here is a roundup of some key security and compliance news from the last month: Applying intelligence to security and compliance in Office 365—To stay ahead of the...
  8. New in Office 365 security and compliance - June update

in Windows 10 News
    New in Office 365 security and compliance - June update: Recent updates for security and compliance include enhancements to Advanced Threat Protection, eDiscovery, Advanced Data Governance, Advanced Security Management and expanded support for Windows Information Protection. Read on to learn more about these updates....
  9. New SharePoint and OneDrive capabilities

in Windows 10 News
    New SharePoint and OneDrive capabilities: Today, during the SharePoint Virtual Summit, we unveiled a new wave of innovations that build upon the vision we set forth last year to reinvent content collaboration and usher in a new generation of mobile and intelligent intranets. Customers’ successes inspire us and...
  10. New secure external sharing experience in OneDrive and SharePoint

in Windows 10 News
    New secure external sharing experience in OneDrive and SharePoint: At Ignite we announced a major improvement to the way secure external sharing of files and folders works in both OneDrive and SharePoint in Office 365 and we wanted to share what this means for users and IT administrators alike. Based on your feedback, we have focused our...