Windows 10: Updates to several programs blocked.

Discus and support Updates to several programs blocked. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Several programs are in need of updates but Windows Defender blocks them, I just installed a program and Defender will not let it run or make changes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeraldWilliams7, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Updates to several programs blocked.

Several programs are in need of updates but Windows Defender blocks them, I just installed a program and Defender will not let it run or make changes to my machine,

:)

GeraldWilliams7, Mar 29, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates to several programs blocked. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Updates to several programs blocked.

FIREWALL IS BLOCKING CERTAIN PROGRAMS

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

One of the most common problems when using a network firewall is that it sometimes blocks network traffic that you want to allow.

Please follow the below step to troubleshoot with the issue:

• Open the “Control Panel“.
    • Select “System and Security.
    • In the Windows Firewall section, select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall“.
    • Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access.
    • If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another program…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…
      button to select the program file manually.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Updates to several programs blocked.

1. Updates to several programs blocked. - Similar Threads - Updates several programs

2. Sever connectivity blocked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sever connectivity blocked.: When i go to xbox networking my NAT Type is open. But my server connectivity is blocked. I have checked my services and everything is using the startup type that it should be using. I Pretty much tried everything that i could find google or reddit. But nothing seemed to work....
  3. Sever connectivity blocked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sever connectivity blocked.: When i go to xbox networking my NAT Type is open. But my server connectivity is blocked. I have checked my services and everything is using the startup type that it should be using. I Pretty much tried everything that i could find google or reddit. But nothing seemed to work....
  4. Sever connectivity blocked.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Several programs crash after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several programs crash after updating windows 10: Hi, I recently update windows and since then several programs crash at launch. I get the same error described in this thread when I launch battle.net for instance:...
  6. Update KB4576484 Closing several programs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB4576484 Closing several programs: On Sept 8th Windows generously offered and installed 3 updates. Included was - KB4576484 Cumulative Update .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 Windows 10 Sept. 8. After installation at reboot I found that 3 small programs by different authors from different continents no longer worked....
  7. Update KB4576484 Closing several programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4576484 Closing several programs: On Sept 8th Windows generously offered and installed 3 updates. Included was - KB4576484 Cumulative Update .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 Windows 10 Sept. 8. After installation at reboot I found that 3 small programs by different authors from different continents no longer worked....
  8. Threat Blocked V severe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat Blocked V severe: I have a threat blocked on my history and its named Threat Blocked. Does that mean its blocked? Its in filters and what do I do? When i click it it says something about making changes on my device... Please help me!...
  9. Blocking program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking program: How do I get "Five nights at Freddy's" blocked from my autistic 11 year old boy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-program/492260f5-b5e3-434e-a474-2b4b36c2dfa6"
  10. Severely slowed launch of several programs with Build 10586.122

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Severely slowed launch of several programs with Build 10586.122: This week's Windows Update has made almost everything on my PC launch much more slowly. MS Office and various other programs take up to 10 seconds to open where they used to take barely 2. Notepad -- arguably the simplest program in Windows -- takes at least 8 seconds to...