Windows 10: updates uninstall printer

Discus and support updates uninstall printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When updating to creators 1703 and 1709 both times it in-installed my printer. I had to reinstall the printer both times. The printer is a HP office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DogFD, Feb 24, 2018.

1. DogFD Win User

updates uninstall printer

When updating to creators 1703 and 1709 both times it in-installed my printer. I had to reinstall the printer both times. The printer is a HP office jet 4500. How can I prevent this from happening in the future. Note even though I deleted the four MS printers that it seems install each time, they re-appear after each creators update

:)

DogFD, Feb 24, 2018
  2. T KGrimes Win User

Print spooler stopping

I tried to uninstall the printer, get message that the printer cannot be uninstalled because the print spooler is stopped.

I tried to update the printer drivers, again cannot because the print spooler is stopped.

T KGrimes, Feb 24, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows update (Windows 10) keeps trying to update a Canon ip90 that I no longer have.

Hi,

The driver of your printer may still be present under Device Manager that is why it is still being updated by Windows Update. Kindly access the Device Manager to see if the driver of your printer is still there. If so, kindly uninstall the driver. To do
    this, follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Expand the Printer section.
    • Check if you can find your old printer. If your old printer is still there, right-click it.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • Make sure that the Delete the driver software for this device check box is checked, and then click
      OK.
    • Wait for the uninstall process to finish.
    • After uninstalling the printer driver, check if Windows Update will still update your old printer.

We'll be waiting for the result.

Argel Obm, Feb 24, 2018
Thema:

updates uninstall printer

1. updates uninstall printer - Similar Threads - updates uninstall printer

2. Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer: Windows keeps trying to download a driver update for a printer that was previously uninstalled. How do I get Windows to stop trying to download this driver, and how do I fix whatever issue is prompting Windows to download this driver in the first place?...
  3. Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer: Windows keeps trying to download a driver update for a printer that was previously uninstalled. How do I get Windows to stop trying to download this driver, and how do I fix whatever issue is prompting Windows to download this driver in the first place?...
  4. Uninstalled Printer Still Showing in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Printer Still Showing in Printers & Scanners: I have removed a printer but it is still showing in Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners as iP8700 series _D29A5A000000. Beneath the printer it says Driver is unavailable, grayed out so I can't click on it to remove it from there. When I physically removed the...
  5. Uninstalled Printer Still Showing in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled Printer Still Showing in Printers & Scanners: I have removed a printer but it is still showing in Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners as iP8700 series _D29A5A000000. Beneath the printer it says Driver is unavailable, grayed out so I can't click on it to remove it from there. When I physically removed the...
  6. Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled: HP printer driver updates reinstall on my desktop despite the HP Printer having been uninstalled long ago and it does not appear on the printer device list. I just recently was advised on how to stop the windows HP Printer updates, which worked, but now see in the update...
  7. Updates failing for uninstalled HP Printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates failing for uninstalled HP Printer: I keep getting failed updates for a HP Printer that was uninstalled over a year ago. No programs/apps related to HP can be found on the apps or drive files- how do I stop these update attempts?...
  8. Uninstalling a printer.

Uninstalling a printer.: I replaced my Epson XP-4100 with an HP printer but when I go into Control Panel, uninstall a Program and CL on uninstall, it won't do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-a-printer/e3471560-ea18-40c0-9cf1-11ed26c59793
  9. cannot uninstall printer

cannot uninstall printer: I have an Epson and it is saying the printer is in error. I contacted Epson and they tried to uninstall my printer but windows is not letting that happen so they said to contact microsoft. Any help please...
  10. printer uninstall

printer uninstall: I am trying to uninstall a printer from my laptop and it is froze up saying removing device for over an hour now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-uninstall/09c980b0-664e-43ca-a6d8-c5d74e040a4c