Windows 10: Updates

Discus and support Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Are you trying to force customers to go to Apple? I have been a pc technician for over 20 years. Your latest updates have hurt hundreds of customers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Try2help4, May 8, 2019.

1. Try2help4 Win User

Updates

Are you trying to force customers to go to Apple? I have been a pc technician for over 20 years. Your latest updates have hurt hundreds of customers.

Starting with the removal of the pin number. I have had computers completely lock up when I finally got to home screen. Used your repair utility which ended up wiping the hard drive. Customer bought a New Dell mid range computer. It was the most difficult computer I have ever installed. It would not work with her current email program. OE Classic. This program was for people who liked Outlook Express. My wife still uses it. I finally got the customer to use Thunderbird set up on an IMAP server. Then I downloaded Facebook from Microsoft store. It will not load anything.

Next is my personal experience. Your newest update. I opened my email clicked on a folder to find a saved document and the folder was empty. In fact all folders were empty. Who gave you the permission to erase my folder data? This is all very frustrating.

I will find it very hard to recommend windows 10 to anyone. I am even considering changing to Ubuntu or some other system.

By the way windows 7 was a very smooth operating system. As you can see I am a very dissatisfied Insider, which I have been since W10 was under development.

James Ansley

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Try2help4, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Updates

1. Updates - Similar Threads - Updates

2. May 1903. How do I receive security updates and pause feature update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    May 1903. How do I receive security updates and pause feature update?: I have paused my feature update (1903) however I still want to get my Windows Defender updates. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-1903-how-do-i-receive-security-updates-and/bb787d3d-2d2c-497b-94e0-ed991c1233bd"
  3. Windows 10 may update not appearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 may update not appearing: Hi, yesterday I heard about the may update and installed/downloaded the latest patch. Today I was checking for updating the may update isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-may-update-not-appearing/273cda2e-e660-4320-818f-8981f0561cdb
  4. windows increases my contrast every single time i turn on my computer since may update

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows increases my contrast every single time i turn on my computer since may update: the title basically says it all. when i turn on my computer, the contrast is raised slightly- not so much that it would bother some people, but as a graphic designer i can tell immediately. i go to fix it in Display Color Calibration every time. what's really interesting is...
  5. Laptop goes straight into automatic repair mode after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Laptop goes straight into automatic repair mode after Windows 10 May 2019 update: Windows 10 was updated on my laptop on May 15 and it went straight into automatic repair mode as soon as I restarted it and continues to do so. I have exhausted all options offered from the repair options: restart, restore, reset, even restart with the new workaround posted...
  6. Setting update preferences in windows 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting update preferences in windows 1903: Hi there I've just done the update to windows 10 (Pro) 1903 I went to the updates options to see what options i have, and so far as i can tell the controls for targeted updates, and the ability to defer an update for a specified amount of days has gone. I'm aware that i...
  7. May 2019 Update doesn't show new Settings UI

in Windows 10 Customization
    May 2019 Update doesn't show new Settings UI: I updated to the May 2019 Update (Win 10 Home) without any issues or receiving any error message. However, when I open Settings it doesn't show the new UI that's supposed to have the user account banner at the top of the window. Instead, mine still looks like it did in the...
  8. Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Everything you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Everything you need to know: Microsoft has officially kicked off the rollout of Windows 10 May 2019 Update and many users have already upgraded to the new OS. Windows 10 May 2019 Update was actually finalized last month and Microsoft tested the update for another month to address all big issues. It’s...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update minimum system requirements: Microsoft has finally rolled out Windows 10 May 2019 Update to advanced users. and with the first wave of devices receiving the update as we speak. Unlike the previous releases, Windows 10 May 2019 Update is only available for users who would like to install it. Any Windows...
  10. Error while update Windows 10 Pro Version 1903

Error while update Windows 10 Pro Version 1903: Hi, Currently I have try to update my Windows 10 Pro to Version 1903 But finally I have and error the detail error is bellow : [ATTACH] The current version of my Windows 10 Pro is 1809, capture bellow : [ATTACH] The my device Model is ASUS X450JF, capture bellow :...