Windows 10: Updates

Discus and support Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My updates keep saying my computer needs to update but it never gives something to update. It is also making my computer really laggy. Please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AngelaYu4, May 13, 2021.

1. AngelaYu4 Win User

Updates

My updates keep saying my computer needs to update but it never gives something to update. It is also making my computer really laggy. Please help!

:)

AngelaYu4, May 13, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 13, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, May 13, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Updates

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Updates

1. Updates - Similar Threads - Updates

2. Bluetooth Not Working / Windows Update Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Not Working / Windows Update Error: Hi,So, I was tyring to connect a Wii U controller to my PC. I downloaded Toshiba Bluetooth Stack drivers that of which are now uninstalled and tried to access my Bluetooth settings, however it says nothing can connect as "Bluetooth is turned off". However, there is no option...
  3. You had to break my computer with a faulty windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You had to break my computer with a faulty windows update: You released a windows update that has caused damage to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-had-to-break-my-computer-with-a-faulty-windows/bebeda75-da6c-4ec4-8598-82e92526b29f
  4. Can anyone explain why some Windows 10 updates wipe out my BIOS settings e.g. waking up...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone explain why some Windows 10 updates wipe out my BIOS settings e.g. waking up...: Earlier this year I suddenly could not wake my laptop from sleep using the keyboard or touchpad. It happened after some Windows 10 updates. At first I couldn'tfigure out why this was happening but when I updated the BIOS the keyboard and touchpad wake up settings were back!...
  5. *help* Windows took my AMD graphics card when i did the new update *help* and more...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    *help* Windows took my AMD graphics card when i did the new update *help* and more...: Please help me , I cant do anything and I stream and make animated emotes for streamers with very good programs that need a graphics card. all i did was say yes to the new update for windows and next thing you know Radeon is gone yet its there but says I need to install it...
  6. Windows Update KB5003173 Wiped out Network Connections?

Windows Update KB5003173 Wiped out Network Connections?: After updating my laptop to the latest update, I can no longer access any networks. My computer says I cannot connect to any networks. I’ve run trouble-shooting programs, tried uninstalling the update, etc and nothing seems to be working. Can anyone help? My computer was...
  7. Windows Update, Windows Security and Microsoft Store download issues

Windows Update, Windows Security and Microsoft Store download issues: Hi there,Last week for some reason the Movies & TV app stopped working so I tried to fix it using the Microsoft Store and it didn't work so I uninstalled the app if it could work and now it freezes on Starting download. Then, I tried to update Windows to version 21H1 I have...
  8. Strange update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update: So I have updates turned off! And tonight everything was slow and hanging for a long time so I decided to restart. Windows was installing updates (not sure how when I had them turned off). A very big update by the look of it - took ages. Afterwards I have the news and weather...
  9. New Windows 10 update with widget in the right corner

New Windows 10 update with widget in the right corner: The new weather icon would not show the CURRENT weather temperature unless I clicked to see the full widget screen. So, I deleted the thing. Can't find it in my Recycle Bin. I managed to get it back, but I can't seem to load the weather report on the widget screen, and the...
  10. Windows Update Problems

Windows Update Problems: I and running Windows 10 version 1909. For a few weeks Windows Update would run and find an update to be installed but the update would fail. Today I found that Windows was having problems running KB4023057. I attempted running it from the Windows Update Catalog. I...