Windows 10: Updating 1903> 20H2 - Stuck at 90% and then backtracking

Discus and support Updating 1903> 20H2 - Stuck at 90% and then backtracking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I have tried several times to update my parents PC.The third time I try, now I get the message "Undoing the changes made to your computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharleneStone1, May 8, 2021.

1. Updating 1903> 20H2 - Stuck at 90% and then backtracking

Hello,I have tried several times to update my parents PC.The third time I try, now I get the message "Undoing the changes made to your computer ..."Open to more suggestions, please.Thanks in advance,

:)

CharleneStone1, May 8, 2021
  2. xxavatar Win User

Unable to upgrade windows 10 from 1803 to 1903, always stuck at 90%

I will try the above steps and will let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

After following the steps, the update has stuck again at 90% and after an hour I turned the laptop off and rolled back to the previous version.

SetupDiag files are here:

SetupDiag - Google Drive

By the way, I have also Malwarebytes Premium installed but didn't uninstall it before I attempted the update of the windows.

xxavatar, May 8, 2021
  3. xxavatar Win User
    Unable to upgrade windows 10 from 1803 to 1903, always stuck at 90%

error scan

Updating 1903> 20H2 - Stuck at 90% and then backtracking [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Scans in Safe mode

xxavatar, May 8, 2021
  4. Remilion Win User

Updating 1903> 20H2 - Stuck at 90% and then backtracking

update stuck at 90%

after windows tell me to restart the computer, it gets stuck at 90% for more than 10 hours long, and I've tried to update & had this for 3 times, still not getting up to date.

current version 1803, attempt to update to 1903.

tried troubleshooting windows update but this happens again after it tells me to restart pc, couldn't pass this 90% process issue, always stuck at 90%, so I had no choice but to restart the computer and let it cancel itself.

so how does this update work anyway, does it download files during the update % screen or what? it makes no sense taking that much long if it install things from hdd, if it does take more than 10 hours at least let me get some clue to estimate how much more
    longer will it take, is it cleaning up hdd space or extracting files or moving files here and there or checking something else... or is there something wrong with some files... the hdd lamp not even flashing. let me have that clue, a simple '90%' doesn't help.

Remilion, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Updating 1903> 20H2 - Stuck at 90% and then backtracking

1. Updating 1903> 20H2 - Stuck at 90% and then backtracking - Similar Threads - Updating 1903> 20H2

2. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update stuck at 90: My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in this PC. I cant wait for it to restart but it does not move. Please I need your help....
  3. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update stuck at 90: My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in this PC. I cant wait for it to restart but it does not move. Please I need your help....
  4. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updating 20H2> 21H1. Stuck at 96% and then backtracking I have tried updating 4 times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating 20H2> 21H1. Stuck at 96% and then backtracking I have tried updating 4 times.: Hi, I have tried several times to update my parents' fairly new PC. I even tried: Manually configure the attributes of the "system 32 \ catroot" folder and the files it contains Stop Windows Update Service wuauserv, Cryptographic Services CryptServ, and Background Intelligent...
  6. Updating 20H2> 21H1. Stuck at 96% and then backtracking I have tried updating 4 times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating 20H2> 21H1. Stuck at 96% and then backtracking I have tried updating 4 times.: Hi, I have tried several times to update my parents' fairly new PC. I even tried: Manually configure the attributes of the "system 32 \ catroot" folder and the files it contains Stop Windows Update Service wuauserv, Cryptographic Services CryptServ, and Background Intelligent...
  7. Updating 20H2> 21H1. Stuck at 96% and then backtracking I have tried updating 4 times.

8. Windows update stuck at 90%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck at 90%: I left my PC to update last night. 13 hours later and it is still stuck at “Working on updates 90%”. I have a 1 TB HDD, and I have plenty of space left. Any help? submitted by /u/Arget54 [link] [comments]...
  9. Stuck on 20H2 update at 90%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on 20H2 update at 90%: I turned on my laptop today and my HDMI connection wasn't working(Worked night before). So I tried to install latest Nvidia graphics driver but it said 'not compatible with windows version installed' something like that. So I checked windows update and saw version 20H2(Was...
  10. update stuck at 90%

update stuck at 90%: after windows tell me to restart the computer, it gets stuck at 90% for more than 10 hours long, and I've tried to update & had this for 3 times, still not getting up to date. current version 1803, attempt to update to 1903. tried troubleshooting windows update but this...