Windows 10: Updating 2nd instance of Windows 10

Discus and support Updating 2nd instance of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an SSD on my laptop which I have just upgraded to a larger capacity to allow me to have a second instance of windows in an adjacent partition. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeLPBP, Aug 2, 2020.

1. MikeLPBP Win User

Updating 2nd instance of Windows 10

I have an SSD on my laptop which I have just upgraded to a larger capacity to allow me to have a second instance of windows in an adjacent partition. I am now in the process of re-installing windows on this new drive and wondered if when the first instance of windows has fully downloaded and installed all the current updates, can I copy the updated version across to the second instance of windows rather than going through the whole download and updating process for a second time ?

:)

MikeLPBP, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Updating 2nd instance of Windows 10

Can I clean install 2nd instance of windows 10?

...after windows 7 free upgraded to windows 10 (to C partition where win7 was)

so I can keep this 1st instance of windows 10 on C: partition (unchanged)

separate from 2nd instance (on separate partition of same harddrive),

i.e. then offer both win10 instances available via dual-boot menu?

Thanks from Stephen

Stephen-on-3rd-Rock, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Updating 2nd instance of Windows 10

1. Updating 2nd instance of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Updating 2nd instance

2. Azure Windows 10 sandbox instance.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Azure Windows 10 sandbox instance.: Hello,I want my Azure Windows 10 sandbox to act more like a host not as a guest, while some of the malware are able to detect virtual environments.To check how the sanbox might look like for a malware and then where to look for optimization I used a tool called Pafish created...
  3. How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?: Hello – I’m hoping you can help me resolve a strange dilemma where I appear to have two instances of Windows10 OS being presented for selection on start-up but only one is valid/ working:Background: I’ve built a new PC and when installing Windows10 I didn’t notice that the...
  4. How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?: Hello – I’m hoping you can help me resolve a strange dilemma where I appear to have two instances of Windows10 OS being presented for selection on start-up but only one is valid/ working:Background: I’ve built a new PC and when installing Windows10 I didn’t notice that the...
  5. How to remove an unwanted 2nd instance of Windows10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Two instances of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two instances of windows 10.: Hi there.I have a new pc that comes with "Windows 10 Home" out of the box. I want to purchase a second "Windows 10 Pro" license and install it, but keep it operating in parallel to the previous one not at the same time.That is, in the boot an option would be shown to choose...
  7. 2nd install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2nd install of windows 10: I installed windows 10 on an AMD gen7 pc, it loaded but once installed kept freezing after 5 minutes. It did this over 18 times, fed up at what was happening I decided to dump it and reformat machine. when I tried a second fresh windows 10 install it would not work. so not...
  8. May 2nd update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2nd update: May 2nd update messed up my desktop . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2nd-update/f3c8c42b-8fdd-4ff6-9ce2-24f4f80d0726
  9. Windows 10 - 2nd monitor not detected after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - 2nd monitor not detected after update: I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 and Office 365. Just completed the latest update (1803) and now it will not detect the 2nd monitor. I have tried rebooting, running the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices - nothing. I have tried connecting the 2nd monitor direct...
  10. Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor After Updates: Here's the Laptop I'm using, brand new: HP - ENVY 17.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce 940M - 1TB Hard Drive I'm using a 2nd monitor that's worked since I've got them both a month ago brand new. I'm using HDMI to HDMI for input and after...