Windows 10: Updating and settings reset

Discus and support Updating and settings reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, does updating still reset custom user settings you've done throughout the Windows? submitted by /u/seviothelegenda [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/seviothelegenda, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Updating and settings reset

Hello, does updating still reset custom user settings you've done throughout the Windows?

submitted by /u/seviothelegenda
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/seviothelegenda, Dec 13, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Updating and settings reset

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Updating and settings reset

1. Updating and settings reset - Similar Threads - Updating settings reset

2. Windows update resets ALL windows settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update resets ALL windows settings: I have been getting windows updates for years. Each time windows updates, I must re-setup windows all over again.That means I must go thru the "Setup Windows" then have to reset every setting back to what works.What can we do to fix this ?...
  3. Windows Resets settings after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Resets settings after updates: I am running windows 11. I have used winero to tweak my settings for fonts, etc. After windows runs an update - all fonts & setting revert back to default. I never had this issue with windows 10.Is there a way to STOP this from happening?...
  4. Windows Resets settings after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Resets settings after updates: I am running windows 11. I have used winero to tweak my settings for fonts, etc. After windows runs an update - all fonts & setting revert back to default. I never had this issue with windows 10.Is there a way to STOP this from happening?...
  5. updates resetting changed defaults and settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates resetting changed defaults and settings: BB xx Created on March 15, 2021 updates resetting changed defaults and settings the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my choice app back to photos, pdf from adobe to...
  6. updates resetting changed defaults and settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates resetting changed defaults and settings: the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my choice app back to photos, pdf from adobe to edge and resetting my task bar items to ms apps, some of my installed programs have...
  7. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it as it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  8. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it at it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  9. Windows update resets Groove settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update resets Groove settings: I use Groove to keep my customized music albums. I have spent hours to create this albums. Try to imagine how frustrated I feel when after every Windows update my setting are deleted and I am forced to start rewriting all the MP3 tags....
  10. reset settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset settings: I need help resetting all of my settings to default and I don't see any options or buttons are anything like that please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-settings/70760a86-5d1b-404e-b879-a13905ccbc6a