Windows 10: Updating Antimalware Client Version

Discus and support Updating Antimalware Client Version in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Team, We have come across a recent vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Defender. the Solution of the vulnerability is to update the Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Balaji R98, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Updating Antimalware Client Version

Hi Team,

We have come across a recent vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Defender.

the Solution of the vulnerability is to update the Windows Defender Antimalware Client. Can you please let us know how to update the Windows Defender Antimalware client in Windows 10 machines.

Thanks,

:)

Balaji R98, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Defender antimalware client update

This antimalware platform update is available for earlier version of Windows 10 too. Here it is for 1607...

Updating Antimalware Client Version [​IMG]

3. Bree Win User

Update: there is now a new antimalware client update taking the version number up to 4.12.17007.18022

first post now updated.

4. Bree Win User

Updating Antimalware Client Version

In Windows 10 version 1709, os build 16299.192, checking for updates shows a new update for the Windows Defender antimalware platform, to version 4.12.17007.18011

Installed without a problem, no restart required. Defender before updating...

After the update...

As with previous antimalware client updates, the update doesn't show in Update History. It can be seen in Reliability History.

Edit: 1st March - another update has been issued, version 4.12.17007.18022. Seems this is to be a regular monthly event.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4...lware-platform

Thema:

Updating Antimalware Client Version

1. Updating Antimalware Client Version - Similar Threads - Updating Antimalware Client

2. What is the latest version of the Windows Defender Antimalware Client for Windows 8.1 please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the latest version of the Windows Defender Antimalware Client for Windows 8.1 please: Hi EveryoneCan anyone confirm what is the latest version of the Windows Defender Antimalware Client for Windows 8.1 please? We are on Antimalware Client Version: 4.10.209.0 but there seem to be newer versions available perhaps for Windows 10. If anyone can clarify it would be...
  3. What is the latest version of the Windows Defender Antimalware Client for Windows 8.1 please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the latest version of the Windows Defender Antimalware Client for Windows 8.1 please: Hi EveryoneCan anyone confirm what is the latest version of the Windows Defender Antimalware Client for Windows 8.1 please? We are on Antimalware Client Version: 4.10.209.0 but there seem to be newer versions available perhaps for Windows 10. If anyone can clarify it would be...
  4. windows 10 antimalware client version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 antimalware client version: Hello So windows updated my antimalware client to version 4.18.2103.3 now i have a process called Microsoft Malware Protection Copy Accelerator Utility that is constantly running since MpCopyAccelerator.exe file location C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows...
  5. Windows Defender AV - Antimalware client version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender AV - Antimalware client version: [ATTACH] Hi all I do Windows security patching for my Win 10 machines via SCCM. My computers are not allowed to go to the internet to download any updates. I don't have Endpoint protection site system role installed I use a third party antivirus software I have a...
  6. Antimalware Client Version Update

Antimalware Client Version Update: Hi Team, Can you please let me know how to update Antimalware Client Version in Windows Defender AV? I tried the steps in below link, but still Antimalware Client Version is not getting updated. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates...
  7. New Defender Antimalware Client Version

New Defender Antimalware Client Version: Finally received the new Defender Antimalware Client Version 4.18.1908.7 which cures the sfc /scannow errors which have been widely reported in these forums in various threads. Ran sfc /scannow -- no integrity violations found. The new version is also on the Microsoft Update...
  8. New Client Version

New Client Version: These antimalware platform updates are now a routine monthly event, separate from (and usually shortly after) the cumulative updates. KB4052623 | Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform Well, it is the third one in about 2 weeks.
  9. Defender antimalware client update

Defender antimalware client update: In Windows 10 version 1709, os build 16299.192, checking for updates shows a new update for the Windows Defender antimalware platform, to version 4.12.17007.18011 [img] Installed without a problem, no restart required. Defender before updating... [img]...
  10. Updated Defender Antimalware Client

Updated Defender Antimalware Client: Just got an update thru Windows Update. Appears the Antimalware Client for Defender has been updated, and the Base # for the defender definitions has been bumped up. [img] [img] 99752