Windows 10: Updating apps via the MS Store

Discus and support Updating apps via the MS Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just tried to update my apps via the MS Store. Candy crush appears to be updating but has been doing this for weeks now. Any other update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by InnesGrigor, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Updating apps via the MS Store

I have just tried to update my apps via the MS Store. Candy crush appears to be updating but has been doing this for weeks now. Any other update mechanism Windows / MacAfee etc just spinnig..... any ideas? I've uninstalled Candy crush, but the stoopid machine still wants to update Candy crush...... Just stoopid

:)

InnesGrigor, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Error message 'you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store'

Hi Adam,

A possible factor why you're having this issue is due to a corrupted app file. To better isolate your concern, Answer the following questions below:

• Did you get any error messages when you're trying to open Windows Store apps?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:
    How to re-register Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 / 8.
    It will provide steps in re-registering Windows Store Apps.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Updating apps via the MS Store

Windows Store not updating existing apps but successfully downloads new apps

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Kindly run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: We suggest that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache
    and then try to update apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Updating apps via the MS Store

1. Updating apps via the MS Store - Similar Threads - Updating apps via

2. microsoft terminal -- via the MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft terminal -- via the MS Store: Hello --- The current version/update for the MS Terminal/app has been reported and documented that contains a bug --- the APP keep getting update with the buggy version how do I stop the MS store for applying the faulty update?...
  3. microsoft terminal -- via the MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft terminal -- via the MS Store: Hello --- The current version/update for the MS Terminal/app has been reported and documented that contains a bug --- the APP keep getting update with the buggy version how do I stop the MS store for applying the faulty update?...
  4. Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store: The app was showing an update available but attempting to download it does nothing. Tried running sfc /scannow and it reported no issues. Now running the following commands but stuck at 62.3% 3rd one in below list...Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealthDism.exe /online...
  5. Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store: The app was showing an update available but attempting to download it does nothing. Tried running sfc /scannow and it reported no issues. Now running the following commands but stuck at 62.3% 3rd one in below list...Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealthDism.exe /online...
  6. MS Store App Updates

MS Store App Updates: Hi,We have a slight issue and i'm a bit stuck.We have a GPO that auto updates the MS Store apps.This is fine.However, if we have users that have previously logged onto a machine, it wont update the apps for those users seemingly.This means we have machines with out of date MS...
  7. MS Store App Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store App Updates: Hi,We have a slight issue and i'm a bit stuck.We have a GPO that auto updates the MS Store apps.This is fine.However, if we have users that have previously logged onto a machine, it wont update the apps for those users seemingly.This means we have machines with out of date MS...
  8. MS Store App Updates

9. MS Store not loading or updating apps

MS Store not loading or updating apps: For about 4 weeks now might be even longer the MS Store app has not been working correctly. In the beginning updating apps became incredibly slow until now the blue circle of dots just spins continuously, not even listing what app/s need updating. Pressing the Get Updates...
  10. Two Apps updated via Store

Two Apps updated via Store: Windows Maps Shazam Both Updated via the Store 38047