Windows 10: Updating apps via the MS Store

Discus and support Updating apps via the MS Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just tried to update my apps via the MS Store. Candy crush appears to be updating but has been doing this for weeks now. Any other update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by InnesGrigor, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Updating apps via the MS Store

I have just tried to update my apps via the MS Store. Candy crush appears to be updating but has been doing this for weeks now. Any other update mechanism Windows / MacAfee etc just spinnig..... any ideas? I've uninstalled Candy crush, but the stoopid machine still wants to update Candy crush...... Just stoopid

:)

InnesGrigor, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Error message 'you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store'

Hi Adam,

A possible factor why you're having this issue is due to a corrupted app file. To better isolate your concern, Answer the following questions below:

• Did you get any error messages when you're trying to open Windows Store apps?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:
    How to re-register Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 / 8.
    It will provide steps in re-registering Windows Store Apps.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Updating apps via the MS Store

Windows Store not updating existing apps but successfully downloads new apps

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Kindly run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: We suggest that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache
    and then try to update apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Updating apps via the MS Store

1. Updating apps via the MS Store - Similar Threads - Updating apps via

2. Pluto TV app uninstallable on Windows 10 via MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pluto TV app uninstallable on Windows 10 via MS Store: So Pluto TV finally got around to creating a UWP app (since they've been present on the 360 forever and their standalone Windows player is rather old). Yet despite my system (a Cyberpower/Cooler Master gaming rig with AMD Phenom II, 1TB HDD and 8GB of RAM) more than meeting...
  3. Unable to download or update MS Store apps

Unable to download or update MS Store apps: Downloads and updates no longer work. In my start menu, there are multiple apps that are updating but the progress bar never moves. When I press an app in the store to look at it, it takes a long time to respond and often doesn't load. One of the updates is for the Microsoft...
  4. MS Store App Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store App Start Up: Hi, I have a app I got from Windows Store and I want to add it to Start up, so basically my PC boots, logs in and the app starts. I know the app is located (I think) in the hidden C:\Program Files location. There are multiple entries for the app but I have found the exe...
  5. MS store and apps disappeared

MS store and apps disappeared: Hello! I lost all my microsoft apps. I tried to reset my microsoft store and it just disappeared and all the other apps too. I did that, because it wasn't working correctly and neither was the apps. But now i don't have any of those and I'm trying to find out how to...
  6. MS Apps - Windows store

MS Apps - Windows store: The default Windows 10 apps. (Eg Camera, Skype Calculator People, etc) that also found within the Windows Store are locked on my computer. I am unable to open or uninstall these apps. The mail and calendar app appear to be operating correctly. Ran troubleshooter whereas...
  7. MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.: Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago. Ms store and the apps within open for a second then disappear. No Error notifications anywhere. I have tried the Powershell and SFC routes with no success. I know Powershell is the...
  8. MS Store update this evening

MS Store update this evening: Just noticed there was an update pending for MS store app (I have my app updates set to manual) bring version to 2016.27.2.0. Heart in my mouth time as last time this happened the store refused to re launch on my user account and I needed system restore to rescue me. Anyway I...
  9. Two Apps updated via Store

Two Apps updated via Store: Windows Maps Shazam Both Updated via the Store 38047
  10. MS Store updated

MS Store updated: Looks like both sway and the store itself have updates for those of you who do manual app updates. Been away couple days but just seen them being offered. No problems as far as I can see 59966