Windows 10: Updating BIOS failed (updating ME problem)

Discus and support Updating BIOS failed (updating ME problem) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; thanks, I did just that and it worked. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrokenDaily, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Updating BIOS failed (updating ME problem)

thanks, I did just that and it worked.

BrokenDaily, Apr 5, 2018

2. I'm kinda freaking out right now and I'd like some help, please reply as fast as able. my dell computer's service tag is JZG98Y1

I had the thought of checking my pre-built dell computer for updates from the dell website, and it returned 2 updates, one of which was a BIOS update (version before then was A11). Naturally I download this update, close as many programs I don't need running at this time, and afterwards, I run it by simple double clicking and click update. after a while, it fails saying it couldn't check the ME version, closed itself, and when I tried to run it again, it said I had A12 installed, but when using the "wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion" command on an elevated command prompt, it gave me A11

if it was anything else, I'd be mildly panicking, but since this involves the BIOS im full on DEFCON 2, because I don't want to fry my motherboard again (last time it happened was a powersurge, had to get the full board replaced). I heard there's a /forceit tag I can use with this, but what can I do to ensure I don't pear-shape my everything.

:)

BrokenDaily, Apr 27, 2018
  3. Cant update using nokia software updater for Nokia 5800

hi there I would just like to find out how can I go about updating my phone with the new software that is available for the Nokia 5800? I've tried many times on downloading it but it's not working on my PC. It tells me the whole time that I need to check
    for configuration settings!!! I'm fed up and I would like to upgrade to the new software. I have widows vista installed on my PC and I have enough memeory to download the nokia software for the PC option.

Could someone be so kind in helping me. I can't even download the new maps to my phone. I live in South Africa and the street that I live in doesn't even appear on the maps that's on my phone.

I NEED HELP ASAP

updating---01, Apr 27, 2018
  4. Updating BIOS failed (updating ME problem)

BIOS UPDATING

Hello Randy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

Since this issue is related to BIOS, I suggest you contact the manufacturer of your motherboard for better assistance.

Official Support | ASUS Global

Hope it helps. If you have any other query related to Windows 10 feel free to post.

Pushyanth K S, Apr 27, 2018
  5. Steve C Win User
    What version does the BIOS screen and System Info in Windows show? I suggest trying the upgrade again from Safe Mode if you still think the BIOS version is wrong or perhaps ask a question on the Dell support forum before you proceed. You can ask Dell support if you still have cover.

Steve C, Apr 27, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    Check computer (Motherboard) instructions. It's best to update BIOS thru BIOS and not thru software. Most usual way is to put updated BIOS file in a USB formatted to Fat32, enter BIOS, choose update and point it ti that USB.

CountMike, Apr 27, 2018
  7. cereberus Win User
    In the end, updating bios is only needed if you get issues or latest update is needed for security.

cereberus, Apr 27, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

Updating BIOS failed (updating ME problem)

That's for sure.

CountMike, Apr 27, 2018
Thema:

Updating BIOS failed (updating ME problem)

1. Updating BIOS failed (updating ME problem) - Similar Threads - Updating BIOS failed

2. Problem, after bios update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem, after bios update.: After, updating my HP laptop, the bios caused the audio to be much louder, I made sure it wasn't my drivers and it started after my bios updated, I rolled back my drivers, updated them nothing....
  3. Problem, after bios update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem, after bios update.: After, updating my HP laptop, the bios caused the audio to be much louder, I made sure it wasn't my drivers and it started after my bios updated, I rolled back my drivers, updated them nothing....
  4. problems after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems after bios update: Yesterday i installed the new asus bios update, and after thsat things havent been good. random boot loops, ssd for some reason running on 0% or 1% reading, and games starting and then randomly crashing. first minecraft then battlefield which didnt happen before. and the...
  5. problems after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems after bios update: Yesterday i installed the new asus bios update, and after thsat things havent been good. random boot loops, ssd for some reason running on 0% or 1% reading, and games starting and then randomly crashing. first minecraft then battlefield which didnt happen before. and the...
  6. problems after bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to fix bios update failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to fix bios update failed: At startup, I can only see this page and there is no restart option src 1 Advanced diagnosis 2 Turn off the computer If I click 1, it shows another 6 options If I click 2, it will shut down my computer, I can try this operation by pressing the Shift key, but it does not work...
  8. BIOS update problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS update problem: Hi guys. Not sure if I'm in the right thread, but I'll ask anyway. I just recently bought an ASUS Prime X470 Pro motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU. Right now my Bios version is 5204, and the latest version is 5406. I've tried to update to the latest bios using EZ Flash,...
  9. Gigabyte gtx1050ti bios update fail

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gigabyte gtx1050ti bios update fail: Please help, I am trying to update bios for my gigabyte gtx 1050ti graphics and I got this msg (The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more...
  10. bios update failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bios update failed: So I stupidly tried to update the BIOS as recommended by the HP support software I was counting on hard reset if it fail However it got stuck on a black screen with blue box saying 'Flashing Boot Block - 89%' after flashing boot block finish. my laptop screen only appears...