Windows 10: updating bios file in Windows10

Discus and support updating bios file in Windows10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I do this nowadays, that is check and update bios or uefi on an MSI GF Thin 95SC ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by STAINLESS RAT18, Aug 18, 2019.

1. updating bios file in Windows10

How do I do this nowadays, that is check and update bios or uefi on an MSI GF Thin 95SC ?

:)

STAINLESS RAT18, Aug 18, 2019

2. Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Aug 18, 2019
  4. malware Win User

updating bios file in Windows10

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

updating bios file in Windows10

1. updating bios file in Windows10 - Similar Threads - updating bios file

2. windows10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows10 update: Hi,It wont let me upgrade from Windows 10 /1703 to the latest windows 10. via Settings/Update and security/windows update: checking for updates ,no answervia Microsoft site/download windows 10/ update now: stuck @ 99% for hoursvia the installation media tool: stuck @ 46% for...
  3. windows10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10 update: Hi,It wont let me upgrade from Windows 10 /1703 to the latest windows 10. via Settings/Update and security/windows update: checking for updates ,no answervia Microsoft site/download windows 10/ update now: stuck @ 99% for hoursvia the installation media tool: stuck @ 46% for...
  4. Windows10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 update: I cannot download the Windows 10 upgrade. I have tried multiple times but it always fails. I have gone through all the DISM commands. I have done the sfc commands. I have done the Norton scans and Norton utilities. Everything was corrected and is OK. I ran the windows update...
  5. Windows10 update

Windows10 update: I cannot download the Windows 10 upgrade. I have tried multiple times but it always fails. I have gone through all the DISM commands. I have done the sfc commands. I have done the Norton scans and Norton utilities. Everything was corrected and is OK. I ran the windows update...
  6. Updating for windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating for windows10: My computer won't update 2021-09 Cummulative undate for windows10 Version 21H1 for x64 based system KB5005565I have tried to update several times without success. Each time it gives me Error Code Ox8007000d...
  7. Updating for windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating for windows10: My computer won't update 2021-09 Cummulative undate for windows10 Version 21H1 for x64 based system KB5005565I have tried to update several times without success. Each time it gives me Error Code Ox8007000d...
  8. Windows10 Update

Windows10 Update: The recent windows update caused loss of outlook mail account and Edge favorites. Is the a way to recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-update/f6d5dcf3-a4a9-453b-bfd8-4b21b61fd6a0
  9. Windows10 update

Windows10 update: Tells me I have to uninstall an app called AviraAntiVir. It's not in my app section. How do I uninstall this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-update/f6cf7629-25a1-4597-a845-a02e46edbe3e
  10. Windows10 Updates

Windows10 Updates: Windows 10 will not install updates after hours of waiting. How do I access my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-updates/134fb084-62d4-443f-9aeb-ee97a6292c1f