Windows 10: Updating BIOS on older equipment

Discus and support Updating BIOS on older equipment in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When going to HP for an upgrade I kept getting the old song and dance about not having the correct system to go with the older computer. I am running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobcollard, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Updating BIOS on older equipment

When going to HP for an upgrade I kept getting the old song and dance about not having the correct system to go with the older computer. I am running Windows 10 Pro, not only that, I am using version 2004 build 19041.113. No BIOS available. Using a little Computer logic I turned to the original system: Windows 7 Pro for the answer, this gave me a current update of Hewlett-Packard K01 v03.08 Date 4/10/2019. Believe it or not, it works fine with Windows 10. A simple download, install, reboot and I am up and running. See my System specs. for the full understanding. My older BIOS was: K01 v02.99 dated 9/15/2015

:)

bobcollard, Mar 12, 2020
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Mar 12, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Updating BIOS on older equipment

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Updating BIOS on older equipment

1. Updating BIOS on older equipment - Similar Threads - Updating BIOS older

2. Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer: Good afternoon,Bare with me, there is a reason for the background info at the start....I recently upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 1060 3GB. Now when i boot up the computer, it beeps every 30 seconds, but after about 5 minutes it boots on and i have full access and the...
  3. Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer: Good afternoon,Bare with me, there is a reason for the background info at the start....I recently upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 1060 3GB. Now when i boot up the computer, it beeps every 30 seconds, but after about 5 minutes it boots on and i have full access and the...
  4. Updating Computer's BIOS to UEFI, older computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install XP for test equipment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install XP for test equipment: I have a measurement device that uses a parallel port and software that only works on Windows XP.So I'm trying to install XP on an old Dell XPS that has Windows 7 on it.I ran the XP installer from CD-ROM but can't get past the license/product key.I've entered various keys...
  6. Network equipment security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network equipment security: Hello Microsoft Gurus:I have a technical question involving mechanical aspects of securing your accesses from cybercriminals. Having previously owned my own modem/routers, is it more secure than using the service provider's equipment who's security software you have no...
  7. Activation after equipment change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after equipment change: Troubleshooting does not help, since the computer is not in the list of devices and the windows editions do not match, although the key is from windows 10 pro. When you enter the key, an error pops up...
  8. Windows Update effected my recording equipment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update effected my recording equipment: Greetings, So Im having problems trying to figure out why my audio recording equipment suddenly has a crackling and popping noise when I record vocals. I tried to narrow down the problem and thought it was my Audio interface or mic, but they were working just fine UNTIL I...
  9. Equipment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equipment: Can someone recomend the best middle of the road setup for Microsoft Flight simulator 2020? i need everything from the computer to controls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equipment/72da2741-79b9-4be1-af54-54f50cabb5b2
  10. Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update decided to install an older version of my bios and wrecked the battery...: After endless problems with windows update on my 1 year old asus laptup, i decided to give myself a treat last month because it was my birthday: It was the best present i could of given myself: I decided to not allow it to update at all in may so that i could use my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BIOS from K01 v03.08

2. K01 v03.08 update

3. K01 v03.08