Windows 10: Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue

Discus and support Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK. It is 2 years old. It has been a smooth sailing experience for me while using it until the last few days.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Agni0795, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Agni0795 Win User

Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue

Hello

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK. It is 2 years old. It has been a smooth sailing experience for me while using it until the last few days.

In the beginning of the problem, the battery would drop very quickly but would charge up as it normally would. A few days later, the charge would stick at 5-6% and would show plugged in charging, but the estimate time to fully charge it up would show as a bizarre 5 hours!

From today, it is stuck at 0% plugged in, charging, and I am running the laptop on adapter. The obvious solution might be that the battery is gone. Although that might be the most possible reason for this issue, I happened to notice that a few people suggested updating the BIOS helped them.

I know it is risky at times to update a BIOS and that when I have never done it before. But even then, I checked and found out that there is a recent update from April 2018 for the BIOS of my laptop model on the Lenovo official site. Just because there is one, I am not intending to update it before I know that it is safe to do so.

So my question is, can it be that updating the BIOS might just solve my battery issue?

Would really appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks in advance!

Agni

:)

Agni0795, Sep 9, 2018
  2. SimDoc Win User

Laptop battery issue

I have the same issue. I am trying to update the BIOS but will not due to "missing" battery. My charger did die on me and I had to replace it. I also wound up having to reinstall XP. Ever since the reload, the battery has been missing in action. It will run without being plugged into the wall and the battery checks good with 5 green lights. Any suggestions on how to update the bios with this problem?

SimDoc, Sep 9, 2018
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Sep 9, 2018
  4. kenkickr Win User

Laptop battery issue

I did check it out and already had it disabled so enabled and still no battery showing up in the bios. I guess I'll be taking it apart

kenkickr, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue - Similar Threads - Updating BIOS fix

2. Battery issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery issue: I don't see the battery icon, I need to recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-issue/896e85b5-a4ce-4183-96c7-ff6eb246df58"
  3. Battery issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery issues: my laptop doesn't showing any notification when the battery at low power https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-issues/d9cd9514-4854-462f-8841-6e6c25b65887
  4. battery issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery issues: When I put Cursor over the battery icon, it shows the percentage of the battery. In other laptops of the same model, it also shows the amount of time remaining to charge/ the amount of time taken for a full charge. How can I do that on my laptop?...
  5. Battery issues

Battery issues: For the past 10-15 days, when the charging of my laptop reaches 90%, the charging stops itself. After the cord is removed and re-joined, the charging resumes, but the same problem begins within seconds. Please help....
  6. Battery issue

Battery issue: How long can I use my laptop? Can I use it without the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/battery-issue/42443835-26a0-4caa-b371-771538468540
  7. Fall update fixed issues..

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall update fixed issues..: Hi I have notice two issues that I was having with WIndows 10 now seem to be fixed with the 1709 update... 1. I no longer have to press the "number lock" button when I first power on, for some reason even though set to be on I have always had to manually press the...
  8. error 0x9f, ACPI - will BIOS update fix?

error 0x9f, ACPI - will BIOS update fix?: Hi @essenbe Have attached the collector per your request. Hoping there's nothing here and the BIOS update will fix it? Thanks. *Smile 35473
  9. Battery issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery issue: Before upgrading to Win 10 my laptop kept a charge for about 10 days when shut down. Now with Win 10 it goes dead in two days when shut down. Anyone know why? 41527
  10. BIOS Issue or what?

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Issue or what?: I'm uncertain where to post this message so apologies if it would be more appropriate elsewhere. My seven-year old Medion MD96630 notebook is running a clean install of Windows 10 which I had to have a Microsoft Engineer activate for me. Since then, on boot up, the...