Windows 10: Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue

Discus and support Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK. It is 2 years old. It has been a smooth sailing experience for me while using it until the last few days.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Agni0795, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Agni0795 Win User

Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue

Hello

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK. It is 2 years old. It has been a smooth sailing experience for me while using it until the last few days.

In the beginning of the problem, the battery would drop very quickly but would charge up as it normally would. A few days later, the charge would stick at 5-6% and would show plugged in charging, but the estimate time to fully charge it up would show as a bizarre 5 hours!

From today, it is stuck at 0% plugged in, charging, and I am running the laptop on adapter. The obvious solution might be that the battery is gone. Although that might be the most possible reason for this issue, I happened to notice that a few people suggested updating the BIOS helped them.

I know it is risky at times to update a BIOS and that when I have never done it before. But even then, I checked and found out that there is a recent update from April 2018 for the BIOS of my laptop model on the Lenovo official site. Just because there is one, I am not intending to update it before I know that it is safe to do so.

So my question is, can it be that updating the BIOS might just solve my battery issue?

Would really appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks in advance!

Agni

:)

Agni0795, Sep 9, 2018
  2. SimDoc Win User

Laptop battery issue

I have the same issue. I am trying to update the BIOS but will not due to "missing" battery. My charger did die on me and I had to replace it. I also wound up having to reinstall XP. Ever since the reload, the battery has been missing in action. It will run without being plugged into the wall and the battery checks good with 5 green lights. Any suggestions on how to update the bios with this problem?

SimDoc, Sep 9, 2018
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Sep 9, 2018
  4. kenkickr Win User

Laptop battery issue

I did check it out and already had it disabled so enabled and still no battery showing up in the bios. I guess I'll be taking it apart

kenkickr, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Updating BIOS to fix a battery issue - Similar Threads - Updating BIOS fix

2. BIOS update issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS update issues: Hi there, when I enter the BIOS to update the BIOS for my 2013 Asus X550CA laptop that runs Windows 10 version 22H2, but then the "Start Easy Flash" is grayed out and I have no idea how did this happened until I realized that I was entered to BIOS as User and enter to BIOS as...
  3. BIOS update issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS update issues: Hi there, when I enter the BIOS to update the BIOS for my 2013 Asus X550CA laptop that runs Windows 10 version 22H2, but then the "Start Easy Flash" is grayed out and I have no idea how did this happened until I realized that I was entered to BIOS as User and enter to BIOS as...
  4. Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update: My battery is dead and I looked the in the entire country and didn't find a spare one I have a BIOS update but it's stuck , I disabled the AC and battery from the device manager but still no use Can this be solved?...
  5. Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update

Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update: My battery is dead and I looked the in the entire country and didn't find a spare one I have a BIOS update but it's stuck , I disabled the AC and battery from the device manager but still no use Can this be solved?...
  6. Insufficient Battery , Windows BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Battery issues on Huawei Matebook 16 since updating to BIOS 2.28

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery issues on Huawei Matebook 16 since updating to BIOS 2.28: Hello everyone, I bought my Huawei Matebook 16 two months ago and since updating to BIOS version 2.28, I have been experiencing battery issues. When I turn off my laptop with any remaining battery percentage and turn it back on, the battery shows an increase in charge for...
  8. Battery issues on Huawei Matebook 16 since updating to BIOS 2.28

Battery issues on Huawei Matebook 16 since updating to BIOS 2.28: Hello everyone, I bought my Huawei Matebook 16 two months ago and since updating to BIOS version 2.28, I have been experiencing battery issues. When I turn off my laptop with any remaining battery percentage and turn it back on, the battery shows an increase in charge for...
  9. Bios Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios Battery: Win 10 pro 64bit Hi This post is indirectly linked to my post on Hardware updating. My thoughts on this were prompted by the battery on my current computer's motherboard running out of charge (yes it is quite old but still works pretty well). Changing the battery was...
  10. Bios update issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bios update issue: Hi guys ,I have aproblem with my hp notebook . When I push the power button ,it does not boot. Instead the caps lock button blinks 2 times . I searched hp support site for this problem and found that this indicates bios update issue . I tried to update it automatically from...