Windows 10: Updating Bluetooth Driver caused Blue Screen of Death

Discus and support Updating Bluetooth Driver caused Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I need clarification as to why my laptop an inspiron 15 7000 gaming crashed after I tried to update my bluetooth driver. I was updating the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OrlandE, Sep 8, 2020.

1. OrlandE Win User

Updating Bluetooth Driver caused Blue Screen of Death

Hi

I need clarification as to why my laptop an inspiron 15 7000 gaming crashed after I tried to update my bluetooth driver. I was updating the driver because Ive been hearing crackling/stuttering sounds on my blue headset whenever I play music or watch videos. The headset works well with my iphone and ipad and only has this issue with windows. Ive tried troubleshooting using the methods on youtube but my efforts were futile.

system specs

intel core i7 7700HQ @2.8ghz

ram 16 gb

:)

OrlandE, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Updating Bluetooth Driver caused Blue Screen of Death

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Updating Bluetooth Driver caused Blue Screen of Death

1. Updating Bluetooth Driver caused Blue Screen of Death - Similar Threads - Updating Bluetooth Driver

2. Optional driver caused blue screen of death....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional driver caused blue screen of death....: I have a 3 week old HP laptop. I was in the process of typing numbers into an interactive course with my employer, however the number pad would not work. The technical team of my employer went into the the systems settings to advanced options and downloaded an optional driver...
  3. Optional driver caused blue screen of death....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional driver caused blue screen of death....: I have a 3 week old HP laptop. I was in the process of typing numbers into an interactive course with my employer, however the number pad would not work. The technical team of my employer went into the the systems settings to advanced options and downloaded an optional driver...
  4. Blue Screen of Death's caused by NTOSKRNL.EXE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death's caused by NTOSKRNL.EXE: I regularly get BSOD's caused by NTOSKRNL.EXE. I've updated my drivers but I don't know what I should do next. My pc is running a AORUS B450 motherboard, Ryzen 5 3600, and 16 GB Ram. WhoCrashed is telling me this: https://pastebin.com/aWS3cfKP and here is my Minidump:...
  5. Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen of death after updating Display drivers: Error:- BSOD :- Critical_Process_Died and few other like Thread_stuck_in_Driver Tried all troubleshooting steps but no avail. Happens when I update the Graphic drivers >>Safe Mode and reboot issue persists. >>Reinstalled OS >>Recreated drivers >>same issue after updating...
  6. Blue screen of death with unknown cause

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death with unknown cause: [IMG] My windows 10 HP desktop, keeps giving be the blue screen of death. I tried uninstalling recent Microsoft updates, removing downloaded programs with no luck. I actually did a complete system reset and I'm still getting the blue screen. HELP!!!!!!!...
  7. Driver verifier caused a blue screen of death loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver verifier caused a blue screen of death loop: Today morning I was trying to use pc , as I had online classes I needed to attend, the pc kept freezing and after following a few steps over the internet I get this message about a memory error, I follow further instructions to fix this error and end up in driver verifier, I...
  8. Blue Screen of Death caused by Ntfs.sys

Blue Screen of Death caused by Ntfs.sys: Hi, I just got a blue screen error when I am viewing chrome. minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIhRjyI8wk-9gVsyG4?e=HG2EiX I would be really appreciated if you guys can help me out, thanks! ***Original title: BSOD Ntfs.sys***...
  9. Windows Update Caused Blue Screen Of Death

Windows Update Caused Blue Screen Of Death: After updating my Acer laptop for the most resent update it took me to the "blue screen of death". I looked around but there is no optional reset. I went through all 6 options in advanced settings I had. (these were my only options) •Startup rest couldn't find an...
  10. Latest Windows update causes a blue screen of death!

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Windows update causes a blue screen of death!: Hi, The issue I have been having is related to the latest Windows 10 update which installed on my laptop (HP Envy 13) around December 23. After the update the laptop refused to boot up, giving me the notorious “blue screen of death” and a notification of some SrtTrail.txt...