Windows 10: Updating Changed Folder Picture to New One

Discus and support Updating Changed Folder Picture to New One in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I had decided to change the picture on one of my folders for music from one picture to another I had found. My real problem isn't how to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Melissa R.128, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Updating Changed Folder Picture to New One

So I had decided to change the picture on one of my folders for music from one picture to another I had found. My real problem isn't how to change the picture on the folder, since I've already done that and have no problems viewing it on my laptop. My real issue is how do I transfer that folder with the new picture onto my phone (LG Q6)? I already have this folder on my phone, but I have removed it both from my phone AND from the laptop and created a new one, putting the new picture in place. But when I transfer this new folder onto my phone, the OLD picture is the one that shows up for this particular music folder.

The only reason I'm changing pictures is so I don't have to look at the music icon when listening to music on my phone. I'd rather look at a picture of the artist or something related to them instead.

I have tried everything I could think of, but this one folder is the only one that can't/won't change from the old picture to the new one. I've tried it with other similar music folders and they change no problem.

I've even tried deleting thumbnails from my phone's DCIM folder in case this was an issue. I've restarted my phone numerous times to no avail. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else I can do.

Any and all help is appreciated!

:)

Melissa R.128, Sep 2, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Updating Changed Folder Picture to New One

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Updating Changed Folder Picture to New One

1. Updating Changed Folder Picture to New One - Similar Threads - Updating Changed Folder

2. Create a new documents or pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  3. Create a new documents or pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a new documents or pictures folder: Hi, I accidentally deleted documents and pictures folder from C:\Users\"My User"\I guess you can not just create a folder there and you have to do something with the registry, but I'm not sure what to do?I want the documents and pictures folder back :...
  4. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  5. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  6. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  7. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive

Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive: I want the OneDrive to backup pictures from my d drive rather than my c drive. when I click location for my one drive pictures and try and change it I get the following error message Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same directory that can't be...
  9. Moving the "Pictures" folder to a new drive

Moving the "Pictures" folder to a new drive: Hello, I recently installed a new harddrive and wanted to move the "Pictures", "Documents" etc. folders to that drive. I tried just going into the "Pictures" folders properties and selected my new drive without a folder so I moved it from "C:\users\account" to just the new...
  10. Change Folder Picture in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Folder Picture in Windows 10: How to: Change Folder Picture in Windows 10 How to Change a Folder Picture in Windows 10 By default, you will see a thumbnail preview of the contents of a folder on the folder's icon. If you like, you can choose any .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .ico,...