Windows 10: Updating Component Registration

Discus and support Updating Component Registration in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having the issue where installs don't work, but just get stuck on Updating component registration. On Windows 7 to fix this you had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielDC88, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Updating Component Registration

Hello,

I'm having the issue where installs don't work, but just get stuck on Updating component registration. On Windows 7 to fix this you had to remove update KB2918614, but now I can't find a way to do it as that update is not longer around. Is there a new update that causes this issue?

Thanks,

Daniel

:)

DanielDC88, Aug 16, 2015
  2. conethmum Win User

PC freezes at start up each time I do updates in Win 10

HI, I reset Windows update components and got the following message:

service registration is missing or corrupt.

Not sure where to go from here?

conethmum, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Nancy__IM Win User
    kb4019472 has failed to install 4 times

Not fixed: Below is the report from the troubleshooter -

PrintWindows Update Publisher details

Issues found

Potential Windows Update Database error detectedPotential Windows Update Database error detected

Possible issues may prevent Windows Update from keeping your system up to date. Not fixed Not Fixed

Repair Windows Update Database Corruption Not run

Some security settings are missing or have been changedSome security settings are missing or have been changed Fixed Fixed

Reset security settings Completed

Service registration is missing or corruptService registration is missing or corrupt Fixed Fixed

Reset service registration Completed

Windows Update components must be repairedWindows Update components must be repaired

One or more Windows Update components are configured incorrectly. Fixed Fixed

Repair Windows Update components Completed

Potential issues that were checked

Default Windows Update data locations have changedDefault Windows Update data locations have changed

The location where Windows Update stores data has changed and must be repaired. Issue not present

Check for missing or corrupt filesCheck for missing or corrupt files Issue not present

System date and time aren't correctSystem date and time aren't correct Issue not present

Issues found Detection details

6 Potential Windows Update Database error detected Not fixed Not Fixed

Possible issues may prevent Windows Update from keeping your system up to date.

Repair Windows Update Database Corruption Not run

One troubleshooting step to resolve WU issues is to delete and re-download updates to your computer. would you like to try this step now? Depending on your network configuration, you may incur download costs.

6 Some security settings are missing or have been changed Fixed Fixed

Reset security settings Completed

6 Service registration is missing or corrupt Fixed Fixed

Reset service registration Completed

6 Windows Update components must be repaired Fixed Fixed

One or more Windows Update components are configured incorrectly.

Repair Windows Update components Completed

Repairing Windows Update components frequently resolves common Windows Update errors.

Potential issues that were checked Detection details

Default Windows Update data locations have changed Issue not present

Nancy__IM, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Updating Component Registration

Hello,

First hello to everybody, I am new to this forum, although I read it frequently.

Sorry for posting in this 'old' topic but my issue is the same as the OP's. I wanted to install COD WaW another time, and now I find myself that the installation is extremely slow, and specially it stays forever in 'Updating Component Registration'.

As well as the OP, the only information I find is about a Windows Update for Windows 7, but how can we solve it now in Windows 10? I have made several attemps to install it (from different DVD/BR units), etc with no success. I don't know what more to try, honestly.

My Windows 10 versión is 1511 10586 (with the 10240 it installed ok).

DanielDC88 how did you solve your problem?

Does someone has some advice to help me, please?

Thank you very much !

Darkbluesky, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

Updating Component Registration

1. Updating Component Registration - Similar Threads - Updating Component Registration

2. Registration failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Registration failed: Hi I previosly installed a Windows 8 Home DVD version OEM on a laptop then it was upgraded to Windows 10 and I linked the serial key to my account.Then I reinstalled an other os to the laptop and i would like to move the old license from the laptop to an other machine..I...
  3. registration files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    registration files: So, Basically I just wanted to be able to get rid of palm tracking. But I couldn't find out how. i tried several different methods, one of which required me to mess with the registration files on the laptop. I didn't want to mess anything up and be unable to reverse it so i...
  4. Cannot update Windows Components

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update Windows Components: Hello everyone! When I was trying to install windows updates I encountered the following error: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 (KB4486153) - Error 0x80070006 Then I tried to reset windows update components manually, during that process...
  5. activering Registration

activering Registration: How can I activate my Registration for MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X + ACCELERATION ????? Harry Vos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activering-registration/077c47af-87ca-4565-9573-54486c9ed4ef
  6. problem on registration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem on registration: i can obtain registration key online, thus i can't the visual studio 2010 C++. there is a questionnaire after i click the "obtain a registration key online" button, but after i finish the questionnaire and click the "continuous" button, it jump to this page: "We are sorry,...
  7. Registration key

Registration key: I have purchased more than a dozen computers over the years, but never before has there been no apparent windows registration key, and the computer will not fully function without it. Other than a small fold out pamphlet, nothing came with the computer. Dell computer,...
  8. Introducing Component Firmware Update

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Component Firmware Update: The Microsoft Devices Team is excited to announce the release of an open-source model for Component Firmware Update for Windows system developers – Component Firmware Update(CFU). With CFU, you can easily deliver firmware updates for through Windows Update by using CFU...
  9. Windows update components

Windows update components: Can you please help me resolving this, I tried trouble shooter for windows update so many times but doesnt fix this problem. This is the problem that I encountered.! What should I do?[ATTACH]...
  10. Reset update components

Reset update components: I have been suggesting the use of the following script to reset the update components. Code: @ECHO OFF echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows Update echo. PAUSE echo. attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2 attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.* net stop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updating component registration windows 10

2. updating component registration

3. updating registration komponent

4. installing old game on windows 10 stuck on installing component registration,
  5. activision win 10 updating component registration freeze,
  6. codwaw stuck on updating component registration windows 10,
  7. updating component registration win 10