Windows 10: Updating computer hardware with Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Updating computer hardware with Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to update my computers hardware (motherboard, cpu, video card and memory). The hard drive with Windows 10 Pro installed will not be changed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dxo144, May 19, 2019.

1. dxo144 Win User

Updating computer hardware with Windows 10 Pro

I am going to update my computers hardware (motherboard, cpu, video card and memory). The hard drive with Windows 10 Pro installed will not be changed. Will Windows be able to boot and recognized the changes?

Thanks.

:)

dxo144, May 19, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 19, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, May 19, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Updating computer hardware with Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Updating computer hardware

2. Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware: I have windows 10 pro and my workstation no longer meets minimum requirements for certain software I wish to install - I would like to move my existing 10 pro licence by moving the hard drive of my current workstation to another and with fresh install of 10 pro - is this...
  3. Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware: I have windows 10 pro and my workstation no longer meets minimum requirements for certain software I wish to install - I would like to move my existing 10 pro licence by moving the hard drive of my current workstation to another and with fresh install of 10 pro - is this...
  4. Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Hardware Change: Updated my motherboard and now it says Windows isn't activated. Called and the rep said to bad go buy another one. What is this Microsoft? It isn't like I ever even deactivated it. All I did was change out a component on my PC. It was always still activate. I am not about to...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - hardware change

Windows 10 Pro - hardware change: I had to buy a new motherboard and the processor as the old one was not working. Can I boot the new computer from the old drive with Windows 10 Pro purchased from Microsoft online? Will windows remember all my settings? Will it allow me to access EFS encrypted files? Thank...
  7. I installed Windows 10 pro on accident on a hardware update

I installed Windows 10 pro on accident on a hardware update: So I recently upgraded my hardware setup. After going through headaches to get the system running, I'm near the end of the road. When doing a clean install on Windows 10, I wasn't paying enough attention, and apparently selected Pro instead of Home. I've tried the normal fix,...
  8. Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer

Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer: Hi i had windows 8 and when the free upgrade came to W10 i used it now i change my parts and windows is not activated i have bought windows 10 pro but cant activate it and i get an error code when activating it 0x004f050 apparently its because the free upgrade was W10 home...
  9. Windows 10 Pro /hardware performance issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro /hardware performance issue: Hello Community , Since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and I'm facing performance issues on my Laptop , it's an old one but good quality it's toshiba satellite L505 / intel core2 duo T6400 processor with 3 GB RAM , I did all the steps existed in that blog about...
  10. Windows 10 Pro licence on same hardware

Windows 10 Pro licence on same hardware: I have an ASUS S400CA notebook PC that I am very happy with. It originally came with Windows 8 pre installed and I was eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft when Windows 10 was released. Now I have upgraded the HDD to an SSD and doubled the RAM and,...