Windows 10: Updating computer

Discus and support Updating computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have win 10 installed and I am thinking of upgrading my hardware. I wish to know if my copy will upgrade without problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FeStr, Jun 12, 2019.

1. FeStr Win User

Updating computer

I have win 10 installed and I am thinking of upgrading my hardware. I wish to know if my copy will upgrade without problems.

:)

FeStr, Jun 12, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updating computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 12, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Updating computer

Computer update

For what? And what will this computer be used for?

Bill_Bright, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Updating computer

1. Updating computer - Similar Threads - Updating computer

2. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  3. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  4. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  6. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  7. My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open: I updated my divers on my computer and now I can’t open any apps not even the default ones such as setting and such I’m unsure of what to do any help would be nice...
  8. My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open

My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open: I updated my divers on my computer and now I can’t open any apps not even the default ones such as setting and such I’m unsure of what to do any help would be nice...
  9. My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...: Now I have no number to contact Microsoft, this is so unfortunate and I need assistance. I have reset this so many times attempting to login and could not, can someone reach out to me to assist? This update has stopped me from accessing my information. Every since I...
  10. My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...

My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...: Now I have no number to contact Microsoft, this is so unfortunate and I need assistance. I have reset this so many times attempting to login and could not, can someone reach out to me to assist? This update has stopped me from accessing my information. Every since I...