Windows 10: Updating computer

Discus and support Updating computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have win 10 installed and I am thinking of upgrading my hardware. I wish to know if my copy will upgrade without problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FeStr, Jun 12, 2019.

1. FeStr Win User

Updating computer

I have win 10 installed and I am thinking of upgrading my hardware. I wish to know if my copy will upgrade without problems.

:)

FeStr, Jun 12, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updating computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 12, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Updating computer

Computer update

For what? And what will this computer be used for?

Bill_Bright, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Updating computer

1. Updating computer - Similar Threads - Updating computer

2. Computer "not compatible" with the May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer "not compatible" with the May 2019 Update: The Windows 10 computer in the library where I live has a message that says the May Update is on its way but the computer is not compatible. A link showed an article that says they are now using ML to update units using the April 2018 update and earlier versions, but this...
  3. Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update: My computer refuses to sleep since updated to Windows 10 1903. I've read up and followed other suggestions but the computer will not go to sleep. When I say I have tried everything I have. I come back to the computer after several hours and it is not asleep. If I'm lucky...
  4. New update bricked my computer

New update bricked my computer: This morning my computer worked perfectly fine. Then i installed an update and now my computer doesn’t work anymore. I believe it corrupted my start up files. Tried to restart from backup and it doesn’t work ether. Now it turns on and i enter the administrative password and...
  5. Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.: When finished working on my Dell XPS 18 last Friday, at log out, I chose the option presented to "Update & Shut down". Next day I turned on my computer and now cannot get past the Dell logo. I have Windows 10 and Office 365 Home. After some research, using my phone, I tried...
  6. The Latest Update SLOWES Down All My Windows-based Computers!

The Latest Update SLOWES Down All My Windows-based Computers!: At first, I thought that it was just laptop having some issue. But after I updated my office PC, the latest windows update froze my computer! What are the odds that both of my computers slow down or freeze because of the hardware issue? Does anyone out there have the same...
  7. Update killed my computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update killed my computer!: So after one of your wonderful Windows updates on my Asus Zenbook Flip, it went to a blue screen and said it had to restart. The laptop shut down and now it's completely dead...no lights, no charging, no nothing. What the heck did you do Microsoft...this is my lifeline for...
  8. Why won't my computer update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why won't my computer update?: my comp wont update why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-wont-my-computer-update/899e3afc-6f26-49db-9a54-827119509d64
  9. Computer uselss because of Windows Updates

Computer uselss because of Windows Updates: Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes...
  10. Windows 10 update 1903 undoing changes to your computer loop

Windows 10 update 1903 undoing changes to your computer loop: Hi, I just tried to install the new Function Update 1903 on my Laptop (Not sure about the version number). On first try it failed got to the point of undoing the changes and worked normally again. Then i retried the Updated. Windows Downloaded it again and installed it and...